Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc.

+29
Melsell
Left handed troglodyte
valbern67
Bmitch996
fpk
james r chapman
Dcforman
lablover
farmboy
cdrt
Oleg G
xmastershooter
Allen Barnett
Bullseye_Stan
jglenn21
STEVE SAMELAK
Chris Miceli
Mike38
zanemoseley
john bickar
joy2shoot
Tim:H11
Aprilian
IT1 Wes
Slartybartfast
Wobbley
Jack H
mikemyers
LenV
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Empty Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc.

Post by Guest 10/16/2017, 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

I finally made it to the range. I loaded up with my portable oxygen bottle and rolled my range box on my walker. You can see my yellow clip-on shooting glasses with the jury-rigged eyeshade over my left eye like the big boys at the Olympics. My range box is a work in progress.

I had to stop a few times to sit on my walker and rest. The hallway at Shooter's World must be fifty yards long. I shot on the fifty-yard range, so they must have the rest of the hundred-yard range somewhere. This was the second time in four years that I drove myself on the road. Got to be a sign of progress.

These were seven-inch targets at seven yards, (twenty-one feet.) The targets are named to be sorted in the computer's folder. The date, caliber, target number, distance, number of rounds, and grip used make up the title. The first target received twenty rounds for sighting in the new Sightmark Wolverine red dot. The rest of the targets received ten rounds each and match my performance with my pellet pistol at home. I fired fifty rounds. I plan to obtain some official targets. There is a lot of fun work to be done.

Wes-Oxygen-Bottle-Shooting-Glasses.jpg
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Wes-Oxygen-Bottle-Shooting-Glasses

S&W-Victory.jpg
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 S&W-Victory

Range-Box.jpg
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Range-Box

17-10-16,-.22lr,-01,-21-Ft,-20-Rds,-2-Hand.jpg
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 17-10-16,-.22lr,-01,-21-Ft,-20-Rds,-2-Hand

17-10-16,-.22lr,-02,-21-Ft,-10-Rds,-2-Hand.jpg
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 17-10-16,-.22lr,-02,-21-Ft,-10-Rds,-2-Hand

17-10-16,-.22lr,-03,-21-Ft,-10-Rds,-2-Hand.jpg
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 17-10-16,-.22lr,-03,-21-Ft,-10-Rds,-2-Hand

17-10-16,-.22lr,-04,-21-Ft,-10-Rds,-2-Hand.jpg
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 17-10-16,-.22lr,-04,-21-Ft,-10-Rds,-2-Hand

Back to top Go down

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc.

Post by xmastershooter 11/30/2017, 11:42 pm

That's great shooting Jack H.!  I've got some targets to show later.  On my first target ever was a hardball score of 6 points.
Embarassed

xmastershooter

Back to top Go down

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc.

Post by xmastershooter 12/1/2017, 12:48 am

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Dscn4613
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Dscn4610
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Dscn4611
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Dscn4614
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Dscn4612
My first time holding a gun and the first time I shot was a hardball gun with military issued 230 gr jacketed ball ammo. 
After a brief introduction to shooting by the Navy Chief range master, we proceeded with 10 rounds on 3 targets. 

!st target:  I didn't see too many shots on the white so I assumed they were all in the black.  Wrong!  6 points total. Shocked Shocked
Note the sight picture the instructor drew on my target afterwards.  "This is what you need to do doc!"

2nd target:  Big improvement scoring  20 points

3rd target:  I thought I was getting the hang of this, scoring 30 points.  Recoil was not that bad after all.

I kept these targets as a souvenirs just in case I never shoot again.  But being an eye doctor and an officer I was treated like royalty and was given access to the range with all the ammo I needed.  Probably shot 100 rounds of ball during my lunch hour, 5 times a week for about 5-6 months.

4th target:  2 months later, shooting in the high 90's during matches for the RTC (recruit training center) pistol team.

5th target:  I think this was one of my last targets before being discharged from the Navy in 1977.  Did not shoot at all until 2003.  I recently measured the recoil spring weight from the pistol I'd used in the Navy.  It was surprisingly only 12 pounds.  We shot with what we had and no questions asked.

Did not shoot a ball gun until 2004 Camp Perry when I placed in the President's 100 Match.  Pistol arrived a week before flying to Ohio.  Sighted the pistol in during the small arms firing class.

xmastershooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye_Stan 12/1/2017, 3:08 pm

LenV wrote:I shot this today as an experiment. Fired at 25yd not really SF and not really Timed. Sort of a take your time timed fire. It was raining hard enough I wasn't going to spend all day there. I wanted to test a different mounting style on the 52 and all I had to plop on it real quick was a cheepo Millett 30mm. Sort of makes me re-think the cheepo part. The 52 started throwing shots off call on the last match (had to switch guns) and I didn't know if it was the base or the Holosun. I think this eliminated the base as the problem. To be fair I will mount the Holosun on a different pistol sometime and see if it holds zero.

Len
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 20171114

Wow! Excellent shooting Len.  If I may ask, can you share the details for the mount for your M52 scope?  Also, those grips are nice!  I have a boxed 52 from the 1990's but shoot .45 for centerfire (with iron sights and powder puff loads).  I really like the configuration you show.

Bullseye_Stan

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 12/1/2017, 5:32 pm

Always willing to share with someone that throws a compliment my way. Smile The base is from BME and they have three cross slot. The ring is half of a very strong set with 6 allen screws ( Burris XTR). The grips are Nills. I just threw it together that morning to test the BME base but will keep it like that for awhile. Pistol ran perfectly with that weight on the slide.

Len
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 20171210
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye_Stan 12/2/2017, 12:11 pm

Thanks!  I've been considering selling my near mint M52.  But, after looking at your setup I probably won't - that's pretty neat.  I noticed the WST powder.  When I was reloading 148gr HBWC 38's I used red dot, but it seems many use WST.  I'll have to try some.  What I appreciated about loading the HBWC 38's was the AOL was based on brass length, which made reloading easy.  Although, 38 special brass isn't as common as it once was. 

My apologies to the thread for this distraction.

Bullseye_Stan

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 12/2/2017, 1:56 pm

BME also makes one that goes all the way over the ejection port.. I have one on my wife's 52 with a 1" UD.  Works very well.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by IT1 Wes 12/2/2017, 4:53 pm

jglenn21 wrote:BME also makes one that goes all the way over the ejection port.. I have one on my wife's 52 with a 1" UD.  Works very well.
Please provide a web link to, "BME."
IT1 Wes
IT1 Wes

https://bookspublicdomain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 12/2/2017, 5:02 pm

http://www.bme-mounts.com/productlist.html
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 12/5/2017, 8:26 pm

Here's a target you don't see every day. The long skidder was an early first shot on the first Rapid fire string of the NMC and the 8 at six-o-clock was the last shot of the second string. So, I got the turn coming and going. Smile I shot this target at a match this past weekend. I have seen pictures of similar shots but this was the first time for me...

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Img_0911
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 12/5/2017, 9:05 pm

Well....you paid for all the rings.  If your timing was a little better you could have lost those two low shots.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by IT1 Wes 12/6/2017, 12:19 am

jglenn21 wrote:http://www.bme-mounts.com/productlist.html
Thanks. Excellent supply house.
IT1 Wes
IT1 Wes

Back to top Go down

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Empty Pellet gun practice

Post by IT1 Wes 12/23/2017, 5:45 pm

Ten rounds each. Ten feet away, but only a seven-inch target. The Benjamin weighs three pounds, has a seven-pound trigger weight, and has an inch of trigger creep. It's like training with weights.

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 17-12-23,%20.177,%2001,%2010-ft,%2010-Rds,%201-Hand
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 17-12-23,%20.177,%2002,%2010-Ft,%2010-Rds,%201-Hand
IT1 Wes
IT1 Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 1/8/2018, 9:32 pm

Shot this at our monthly NRA Indoor 1800 with a SA Range Officer.  The only mods to the pistol were to install a mount on the slide for an ultradot, lightening the trigger pull to 3 3/4 pounds and cutting two coils from the mainspring.  I had to keep track of the shots so we could score it.  I put a second target underneath just to make sure the bottom rounds cut the ten ring except for the one nine.
Attachments
Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Attachment
target jan 8 2018.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(62 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 1/9/2018, 5:55 pm

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Img_3710
Dardas 160 SWC at 50yd.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 1/10/2018, 5:22 pm

My first centerfire try at bullseye. Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 9251fb10
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 2/15/2018, 5:31 am

Hey All!

I wanted to post this target. Saw some real progress last night at my weekly 22 600 match, haven't shot a match for 2 weeks, been shooting a lot of 45 lately trying to get the hang of it (and my 22 is off for work...). My prior best was a 470.

Anyway, I ended up shooting 2 matches, the first with a friend's Pardini, and the second with his AW93. Scored a 496 and a 539 (!) Respectively. First time that I felt nerves didn't play a factor. I'm hoping it was more the shooter than the gun! I've got a long ways to go, but it was nice to see progress...

Here's my slow fire 2 from the second match...

Dave

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 20180211

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye_Stan 2/15/2018, 9:40 am

Nice target.  Looks like it's time to start making plans to acquire an AW93 with a nice set of Rink grips! Wink

Bullseye_Stan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 2/15/2018, 9:49 am

Bullseye_Stan wrote:Nice target.  Looks like it's time to start making plans to acquire an AW93 with a nice set of Rink grips! Wink

Funny you say that... despite shooting the AW93 better, I much preferred the feel, weight, and trigger on the Pardini.

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/21/2018, 5:00 pm

There is a discussion on Rimfire Central where I was asking about adding a barrel weight to my High Standard.  Someone suggested that rather than adding more weight to my gun, I just move my Matchdot II more towards the front.  Did so, and the red dot certainly did appear to be more stable.  

I got a chance to try it out today, after spending forever adjusting the sights so LenV wouldn't yell at me.  :-)   Then some practice targets, and then four NRA B-8C(P) targets before going home.  This was at 25 yards, using both hands, High Standard.  I've only done this twice before in my life, and now I got two in a row.  With the sight moved forward, it sort of felt like shooting from a rest.  (This is after a full breakfast, with lots of coffee from a real percolator too...)

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Img_0910

I did think that moving the sight forwards would make the gun more stable.  I never imagined it would make so much of a difference.

For what it's worth, the shots were NOT taken as I used to shoot, they were following Dave Salyer's advice about "area aiming".  When the dot was more or less civilized, I just started applying more and more pressure to the trigger, sort of trying to delay the firing as long as I could.  I think I was following all the fundamentals, and unlike other times in the past, I was totally relaxed, just enjoying myself - and surprising myself when I picked up the binoculars every 5 rounds.    Shocked  Oh yeah, NO blinking!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 8/22/2018, 4:23 am

Here is an interesting target.  Mostly because it was with a brand new straight off the shelf 92FS.  I saw where they printed with a few shots with usual sub 6 hold.  Then I fired these with center hold.  Stock gun, fixed sight, same day I bought it, plain USA ammo.  I shot my last leg with it after Roddy worked on it some.

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 92fs_u10
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/22/2018, 5:30 am

farmboy wrote:Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Img_3710
Dardas 160 SWC at 50yd.

Great!
Load info?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/23/2018, 10:34 pm

I did something unusual this morning.  After shooting my Model 41 the way I usually do, 25 yards, I moved the target back to 50 yards and used up the 45 rounds of ammo I still had left.  I think I need a smaller dot.   :-)   This was two-handed, obviously!

Someone (LenV??) told me how many "clicks" to change the sight setting, but since I couldn't remember, I just use a "12-o'clock" hold.  I guess the bullets don't fall as far as I expected.

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 Img_0912
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 8/23/2018, 11:13 pm

Mike, there is very little change between 25 and 50 on a .22 with a dot. Zero change on my 41 using CCISV and a dot mounted 1.5" above the bore. 2 clicks on my hot 9mm ammo, 4 on my normal .45 load and 8 on my wheel gun load. The .22 should be easy to remember. All you have to remember is nothing. Laughing 

LenV
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/24/2018, 3:50 pm

Hmm, yes, I'm very good about remembering nothing!  

Thanks - didn't know what to expect.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 8/25/2018, 7:35 pm

I would say I don't keep good targets but y'all would know I was lying. I keep pretty much everything, but only targets shot in matches get stuck to the wall. Not that they are all 100's. I keep 50yd targets I am pleased with. There wouldn't be any 50yd targets if they had to be perfect. The short line targets are good though. 

Show your targets. Any targets - For instance, First target, or one that shows progress, etc. - Page 2 20180626
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next