Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who to send a Springfield RO for a complete Bullseye tune

+9
gregbenner
Allgoodhits
SW-52
Doug Tiedt
mikemyers
Olde Pilot
Tim:H11
Chris Miceli
Tom Bieri
13 posters

Go down

Who to send a Springfield RO for a complete Bullseye tune Empty Who to send a Springfield RO for a complete Bullseye tune

Post by Tom Bieri 8/25/2018, 11:24 am

I have a Springfield RO that I have been testing for 10 months I feel I have gotten all the accuracy out of it that it is capable of and I am in a dilemma I would really like to fix it buy purchasing a RRA Bullseye Wadcutter but that would take away all of the fun of trying to make this one really good besides adding stress to my marriage Smile. I am considering sending it off to have a slide/frame/trigger job and maybe a barrel and bushing. Any suggestions on who to do this work would be greatly appreciated. Have considered just sending it back to Springfield and have there custom shop do the work. Thanks for your input!

Tom Bieri

Tom Bieri

Back to top Go down

Who to send a Springfield RO for a complete Bullseye tune Empty Re: Who to send a Springfield RO for a complete Bullseye tune

Post by Chris Miceli 8/25/2018, 11:30 am

trigger job, barrel and bushing replacement most important.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Who to send a Springfield RO for a complete Bullseye tune Empty Re: Who to send a Springfield RO for a complete Bullseye tune

Post by Tim:H11 8/25/2018, 12:27 pm

Jon Eulette took my Springfield Armory Mil Spec and made it an awesome wad gun. Get in touch with him and see if he’s able to help. He’s who I went to and I have no regrets. There are others but I recommend Jon based on my experiences. I don’t have experiences with anyone else to compare to. After shooting his gun I have no reason to go anywhere else. Top notch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot 8/25/2018, 12:55 pm

K.C. Crawford

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/25/2018, 3:35 pm

One more choice to consider:  Dave Salyer
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot 8/25/2018, 3:44 pm

+1

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt 8/25/2018, 4:12 pm

Tom Bieri wrote:I have a Springfield RO that I have been testing for 10 months I feel I have gotten all the accuracy out of it that it is capable of and I am in a dilemma I would really like to fix it buy purchasing a RRA Bullseye Wadcutter but that would take away all of the fun of trying to make this one really good besides adding stress to my marriage Smile. I am considering sending it off to have a slide/frame/trigger job and maybe a barrel and bushing. Any suggestions on who to do this work would be greatly appreciated. Have considered just sending it back to Springfield and have there custom shop do the work. Thanks for your input!

Tom Bieri

Tom,

Not trying to make your choice more difficult, but....

I own a Springfield RO will a slightly polished trigger and the ILS removed.  I too was (OK, still am) contemplating sending it
off for work.  I saw an ad for a used RRA on this list at a good price and jumped on it.  Night and day difference between the
RRA and the RO.  I had no idea how many points I was giving up.  My 45 scores are close to my 22's, that was not true with
the RO.  The Springfield quickly became my backup gun and I loaned it to a friend for a number of months... he recently
bought a used bullseye gun on the list and again it easily outshoots my nearly stock RO.  Both of us had great experiences
buying from the people on this list.  The guns are no longer as shiny/pretty, but they still shoot!

At some point, I will send my RO off for work to improve its accuracy, and I'll almost certainly send it to one of the 'smiths
mentioned in this thread as they all have great reputations.

Doug

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 8/25/2018, 5:10 pm

Kc work with my Range officer,great gunsmith,Excellent work and great guy. I recommend Kc and Jon,great guys and great gunsmiths.
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/25/2018, 8:41 pm

not yet mentioned Jon Shue at Blackmass Custom, Robert Garrett at NVGW
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/25/2018, 9:26 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:Jon Eulette took my Springfield Armory Mil Spec and made it an awesome wad gun. Get in touch with him and see if he’s able to help. He’s who I went to and I have no regrets. There are others but I recommend Jon based on my experiences. I don’t have experiences with anyone else to compare to. After shooting his gun I have no reason to go anywhere else. Top notch.

Jon Eulette

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wmvdg123 8/26/2018, 12:48 am

Seems like KC Crawford, Jon Eullete and Dave Salyer are the best in the business. I sent my gun to KC and he has been great.

Wmvdg123

Back to top Go down

Post by tceva 8/26/2018, 4:57 am

Wouldn't you like to sit in on a class with all the Smiths listed, teaching?
+1 for KC
tceva
tceva

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet 8/26/2018, 1:18 pm

Salyer built both of mine but everyone listed is top notch.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by bdas 8/27/2018, 10:01 am

+1 for Salyer

In 2016, he took my stock RO that shot 5" groups at 25yd when rested on a sandbag, installed a Kart barrel & bushing, did his trigger job, and installed a sight rail on the slide so I could mount a red dot.  Price was reasonable (under $900), turnaround time was reasonable (2-3 weeks), and well, now it does this...  https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t4052p75-clean-a-target-show-us#70015

He has also supported his work, even months/years (and 1000's of rounds) later... helping me with some feeding issues (I needed to adjust my reloads), and helping me with some ejection issues (the extractor needed adjustment).

Dave

bdas

http://guns.dsttr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bieri 8/27/2018, 12:37 pm

Thank you for all your input. One more question is there contact info for these guys somewhere?

Thanks

Tom Bieri

Tom Bieri

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 8/27/2018, 5:15 pm

Tom Bieri wrote:Thank you for all your input. One more question is there contact info for these guys somewhere?

Thanks

Tom Bieri
kc Crawford kcskustomcreations.com

Jon Eulette- in this forum
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by bdas 8/28/2018, 12:34 pm

Tom Bieri wrote:Thank you for all your input. One more question is there contact info for these guys somewhere?

Thanks

Tom Bieri
Dave Salyer - email salyer@comporium.net

David Sams - http://samscustomgunworksusa.com/ 

Jon Shue at Blackmass Custom - Mebane, North Carolina 27302, Phone: (540) 846-0086

Robert Garrett at Northern Viriginai Gun Works (NVGW or NOVA Gun Works) -  7518 Fullerton Rd # K, Springfield, VA 22153, Phone: 703-644-6504

bdas

http://guns.dsttr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down