Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AW93 Trigger Adjustment

+2
Chris Miceli
messenger
6 posters

Go down

AW93 Trigger Adjustment Empty AW93 Trigger Adjustment

Post by messenger 10/5/2018, 8:52 am

I was advised to search on Target Talk. I just don't understand the terminology used there. My AW93 came to me with a very long roll. I can not feel any kind of 1st stage. Just a constant, extremely smooth pull until the trigger breaks. I would like to reduce this by at least half. I like a short roll on my wad guns. Any advice (in simple terms) would be greatly appreciated. 

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

AW93 Trigger Adjustment Empty Re: AW93 Trigger Adjustment

Post by Chris Miceli 10/5/2018, 9:29 am

first, run out the over travel screw #22. 
Then run out screw #26 in back of the frame. 
set the trigger slack as short as can be and still be very safe, by turning screw #20 until the gun when the slide is cycled with the trigger held down will drop the hammer.
Then back it off to a comfortable safety distance and reset the screw #26 again.
 Repeat this procedure until you get the first stage as short as you feel comfortable, while still having the screw #26 have a just a hair of slack so that the bar drops into the groove consistently when you take your finger off the trigger. 
Set trigger point screw #21 to the right until the second stage goes away, and then back it to the left until it feels somewhat crisp.
 This is the important screw that lets you have a rolling release or a crisp release.

Here's where I found the most difficulties, if the second stage weight is too light, it won't give a consistent feel to the let off when it's set crisp. I was getting a sort of slight bump feel from the edge of the second stage sear when it was set too light, which went away as the second stage weight was increased a little. When the second stage feels right, that's when to set the let off slightly crisper. I then set the first stage weight to legal spec. Then I set the screw 26 in back of the frame again so that the bar has that slight hair of slack again. Then set trigger stop back enough so that the sear won't drag. 

do this with the grips off so you can see the trigger bar and how it interacts with all components.  let me know where you are getting hung up

AW93 Trigger Adjustment Dsc04410

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 10/5/2018, 3:13 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:first, run out the over travel screw #22. 
Then run out screw #26 in back of the frame. 
set the trigger slack as short as can be and still be very safe, by turning screw #20 until the gun when the slide is cycled with the trigger held down will drop the hammer.
Then back it off to a comfortable safety distance and reset the screw #26 again.
 Repeat this procedure until you get the first stage as short as you feel comfortable, while still having the screw #26 have a just a hair of slack so that the bar drops into the groove consistently when you take your finger off the trigger. 
Set trigger point screw #21 to the right until the second stage goes away, and then back it to the left until it feels somewhat crisp.
 This is the important screw that lets you have a rolling release or a crisp release.

Here's where I found the most difficulties, if the second stage weight is too light, it won't give a consistent feel to the let off when it's set crisp. I was getting a sort of slight bump feel from the edge of the second stage sear when it was set too light, which went away as the second stage weight was increased a little. When the second stage feels right, that's when to set the let off slightly crisper. I then set the first stage weight to legal spec. Then I set the screw 26 in back of the frame again so that the bar has that slight hair of slack again. Then set trigger stop back enough so that the sear won't drag. 

do this with the grips off so you can see the trigger bar and how it interacts with all components.  let me know where you are getting hung up

AW93 Trigger Adjustment Dsc04410

I'm sorry but I am a little overwhelmed with this explanation. I assume you will be at Clark's match, NC State Championships. Any chance you would be able to look at it then?
Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 10/5/2018, 4:00 pm

Here is the manual 
https://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules/core/resources/main.php?id=367-0

It also gives you which screw does what....sadly won’t be at the match till recovering from shoulder surgery

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 10/5/2018, 4:28 pm

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Just can't wrap my head around the explanations. Too much doubt. Messed with my Pardini trigger. Took a while to get it back. 

Bill

Last edited by messenger on 10/5/2018, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 10/5/2018, 4:33 pm

messenger wrote:Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Just can't wrap my head around the explanations. Too much doubt. Messed with my Pardini trigger. Took a while to get it back.

Bill

Are you specifically looking for a 2 stage or you trying to shorter the first stage length ?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 10/5/2018, 4:57 pm

It doesn't have a first stage. It has a very long second stage then breaks. My best description is it's a very long roll trigger. I just want to shorten it by half. From the time I start the pull, I'm pulling two pounds until it breaks.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 10/5/2018, 6:50 pm

messenger wrote:It doesn't have a first stage. It has a very long second stage then breaks. My best description is it's a very long roll trigger. I just want to shorten it by half. From the time I start the pull, I'm pulling two pounds until it breaks.

Bill
It would be easier if you called to step you through it.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 10/5/2018, 7:46 pm

That would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me with your number and a convenient time. My cell is 336-416-8210. my cell doesn't  work well at my house. My home phone is 336-993-6718.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 10/6/2018, 9:10 am

Thank you so much Chris. I am amazed at your knowledge of the AW trigger. You made my day! I pray you make a speedy recovery.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

AW93 Trigger Adjustment Empty double tap

Post by LMN 2/19/2020, 7:54 am

recently experienced a few double taps with my AW93. Any thought on what needs to be adjusted to prevent this. Also when I drop the slide with the slide stop with no round the hammer follows? I am assuming this is related to the adjustment need to eliminate the double tap.

LMN

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/19/2020, 9:26 am

It's almost certainly the disconnector but if the issue came out of the blue it could be any of the settings, they all interact subtly. Best approach is to go back to square 1 and adjust everything.

But the quick check is the sear engagement, screw 26, at the back of the frame with the grips off. Look carefully at the photo in the manual for the clearance to look for - zero, no more no less.

Last edited by -TT- on 2/19/2020, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 2/19/2020, 10:19 am

This is definitely due to changes in trigger adjustments. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly how to fix it. I had the same issue on my AW93 and I was afraid to mess with trigger adjustments. Instead, I sent it to Pilkington's and they adjusted the trigger beautifully, setting it exactly as I wanted it. The pistol now functions flawlessly. This was expensive, due to shipping costs, but the result is worth it to me.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 2/24/2020, 1:29 pm

LMN wrote:recently experienced a few double taps with my AW93. Any thought on what needs to be adjusted to prevent this. Also when I drop the slide with the slide stop with no round the hammer follows? I am assuming this is related to the adjustment need to eliminate the double tap.
Increase sear engagement. If you try to get a crisp trigger pull with the AW93 you risk multiple shots. (spoken from experience).
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down