Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolver and double action technique in rapid fire

+14
Wobbley
james r chapman
kidneyboy
Slartybartfast
john bickar
knightimac
Sa-tevp
troystaten
rreid
243winxb
jmdavis
LenV
David R
Super Dave
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Revolver and double action technique in rapid fire - Page 2 Empty Revolver and double action technique in rapid fire

Post by Super Dave 1/25/2019, 2:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone,

Revolvers are my favorite type of gun and I'm going to start shooting them exclusively in matches.  I also enjoy shooting double action and will do that in the timed and rapid fire stages.  My question is in regards the the double action pull.

Generally, I begin the double action pull when the sights are aligned on the target.

A second option particularly for rapid fire could be to begin the pull when lowering the gun to the target and then pausing or staging the trigger, align sights, then fire.  

I'll try out both options.  But, I'm wondering how the masters that have shot double actions did it (or do it)?  

Thanks,
Dave

Super Dave

Back to top Go down

Revolver and double action technique in rapid fire - Page 2 Empty Re: Revolver and double action technique in rapid fire

Post by David R 2/3/2019, 10:49 am

Tried two twenty round strings yesterday. 25 yard Timed and Rapid repair center. I have always counted to ten in my head so I know when the target is going to turn or buzzer is going off. I have this down pretty good. My first SA attempt I could not get the shots off in time. On the second tareget I shot DA like I always have. It felt much better to see the dot on or near the X as I was pulling the trigger. In the end, I scored much better DA, but it was my first time trying in 30? yeaars.

Glad I tried, will keep practicing DA.
David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Revolver and double action technique in rapid fire - Page 2 Empty Re: Revolver and double action technique in rapid fire

Post by markgrabowski 3/12/2019, 9:14 am

Does anyone still manufacture that King’s hammer?

markgrabowski

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2