Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli X-Esse

3 posters

Go down

Hammerli X-Esse Empty Hammerli X-Esse

Post by 285wannab 3/16/2019, 6:38 pm

I was wondering what everyone thought of the trigger on the  X-Esse.  I guess I am asking about the trigger shoe being plastic and the two stage.

285wannab

Back to top Go down

Hammerli X-Esse Empty Re: Hammerli X-Esse

Post by Ray Dash 3/16/2019, 7:02 pm

I was a bit worried about the plastic trigger at first but I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. 

It is adjustable 4 ways, you can adjust pre-travel, First stage, second stage and finally over travel. The instructions aren't the easiest to understand for trigger adjustment but once you understand them its fairly easy to adjust. 

A lot of guys will respond that have owned a Sig Trailside which was the predecessor to the X-esse that the trigger was replaced by one that the late owner of Larry's gun made but as far as I can tell the X-esse trigger is an upgraded version of the trailside and has all the adjustments you would ever need.  

There are four versions of the X-esse and I am not sure if all the triggers are the same but I can tell you that the IPSC and Sport models have the adjustable match style triggers. The long  and short versions of the X-esse may not have the same trigger.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 3/16/2019, 8:13 pm

Larrys trigger only has an additional screw for a trigger stop verses the Xesse trigger and really that is not needed as the second stage screw(located behind the trigger in the frame) can be used as a stop. I have a couple of Larrys triggers and they do feel a bit more solid but nothing wrong with the std
trigger.

Last edited by jglenn21 on 3/16/2019, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by 285wannab 3/16/2019, 8:19 pm

How do you think the X-Esse first and second stage compare to the first and second stage of a 208s?

285wannab

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 3/16/2019, 8:27 pm

208s has a much more sophisticated trigger..

For an economy pistol the xesse is darn good.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down