Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli X-Esse IPSC

3 posters

Go down

Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Empty Hammerli X-Esse IPSC

Post by jstanfield103 Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 am

Ok guy's I know this has been covered, but I finally received my Hammerli X-Esse yesterday. Love the feel of the pistol. I have CCI SV ammo but actually prefer to use HV if possible. I know the SV is so much more accurate but I am shooting steel plates for the most part with it so HV is accurate enough. My question is the manual say's it is rated for HV and SV ammo lr. I know the Trailside' s have had some trigger housing breakage, I have not heard of the Walther made  Hammerli' s having this problem. Has anyone shot a steady diet of HV ammo through one of these yet ? Will the Trigger housing hold up?

I have a 2x scope mounted on it after running 20 test rounds through it for function test. Thought that I was going to just use irons but I think the scope will be really nice since my eye's are not the best anymore. Pictures to come soon.
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Empty Re: Hammerli X-Esse IPSC

Post by Sa-tevp Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:43 am

X-esses will also break the trigger guard if not adjusted correctly. The process of bending the trigger guard to have minimal gap to the frame to act as a slide stop is fiddly. You'll have a temptation to trim the front tang of the trigger guard to resemble a 208/215 guard.

I've only shot standard velocity in my X-esse and have broken the original guard.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by jstanfield103 Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm

I hate to hear that. I looked at the tab that sits against the frame. I did a little filevwork to attempt to get it against the frame with no luck.
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Post by jstanfield103 Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:08 pm

I never did get the tab against the frame.
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:24 pm

If you have the nerve you can put the guard in a  vice and squeeze it together just a bit to move the recoil tab to the rear.

I take no blame if you snap it in half Shocked
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jstanfield103 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:23 pm

I believe I will just shoot it. The manual says that you can shoot HV so that is probably going to be a steady diet for it. If the trigger guard breaks I will buy two for replacement and try bending one of those.
I shot her today with the scope getting it sighted in. Shot SV to sight her in then shot the last 10 rounds of Federal Hollow point HV. She shot great.

Hammerli X-Esse IPSC 2017-Hammerli-X-Esse-IPSC
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down