Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forum Sponsor - Brazos Bullet Company

+5
tierney
dronning
David R
Lightfoot
mspingeld
9 posters

Go down

New Forum Sponsor - Brazos Bullet Company Empty New Forum Sponsor - Brazos Bullet Company

Post by mspingeld 4/5/2019, 7:12 am

Had the pleasure of meeting Paul & Steve at Perry last year. They're bullseye shooters and are offering an ever expanding selection of cast and coated bullets. They test what they make and it looks like they're going to be THE source for "50 yard accurate" projectiles at very aggressive pricing. Check them out! Ask them questions, they sincerely want the feedback.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Forum Sponsor - Brazos Bullet Company Empty Re: New Forum Sponsor - Brazos Bullet Company

Post by Lightfoot 4/5/2019, 10:24 am

Thanks for making the post Michael.  We will be sharing test results soon.  The plan is to take the ransom rest and the barrel fixture along with the chronograph to the range next weekend.  I'll be loading up waxed and coated loads of some of our bullets in several calibers for 50 yard testing.  

Our #1 goal is to make perfect bullets and so far we've been working long hours to do so.  We've re-melted nearly perfect, probably good enough bullets (100's of pounds) because we want them to be perfect.   We are dumping the fresh cast bullets on a tray and touching each one to inspect them for flaws.  It takes a keen eye an lots of time to do this but we want perfect bullets!  We are also working on tripling our casting capacity, so our lead times should get shorter to by the end of this month.  Our prices are set up to be the best on the internet Period!  It's a win-win.  We haven't seen any pricing lower than ours.  Plus we offer free shipping on full boxes and reduced shipping on partial boxes.  

Click on our link in the banner or go to www.brazosprecision.com to find out more about us.  We are only about a month into this at the present, so the site and the company are still "in progress".   If the item says "back ordered" that simply means that we need to cast it before we can ship.  If you need something quickly, make sure to ask us for the lead time.  

The company is owned and operated by Bullseye shooters.  Our production guy (Mason)  is an Expert with a Master card in the mail and a High Master card well in sight.  He won't put a bullet on the shelf that he won't shoot in a match.  Give us a try!
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

New Forum Sponsor - Brazos Bullet Company Empty Re: New Forum Sponsor - Brazos Bullet Company

Post by David R 4/5/2019, 11:15 am

I have some on order and will report. If they shoot as well or better than other brands, I hope you raise your price.

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/5/2019, 12:54 pm

120lbs of several different bullets on order - all Hi-Tek GOLD!
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by tierney 4/5/2019, 1:33 pm

3000 200gr.itek H&G 68s arrived yesterday.  I had some concerns because USPS beat up the boxes badly, but the inside packaging was OK.  The heads were in plastic baggies and were separated with what appeared to be carpet padding.  Today, I loaded a box with 4.2gr BE, OAL 1.245 and .464 crimp with WLP primers and Starline 3X fired brass on a Star machine.  Being as I have a 50yd turning target range in the front yard I shot some SF and wound up with a 190-5 @ 50 offhand out of a Caspian long slide.  I'll take it.

tierney

Back to top Go down

Post by fpk 4/5/2019, 1:41 pm

tierney wrote:3000 200gr.itek H&G 68s arrived yesterday.  I had some concerns because USPS beat up the boxes badly, but the inside packaging was OK.  The heads were in plastic baggies and were separated with what appeared to be carpet padding.  Today, I loaded a box with 4.2gr BE, OAL 1.245 and .464 crimp with WLP primers and Starline 3X fired brass on a Star machine.  Being as I have a 50yd turning target range in the front yard I shot some SF and wound up with a 190-5 @ 50 offhand out of a Caspian long slide.  I'll take it.
Very nice! So glad to hear they are working well.

We have this love/hate thing with USPS... they make it possible to ship bullets are a reasonable cost, but they do not treat them gently. We are continuously working on getting the packaging right so that the bullets make it to people as close to how we sent them as possible!

fpk

http://brazosprecision.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot 4/5/2019, 3:18 pm

tierney wrote:3000 200gr.itek H&G 68s arrived yesterday.  I had some concerns because USPS beat up the boxes badly, but the inside packaging was OK.  The heads were in plastic baggies and were separated with what appeared to be carpet padding.  Today, I loaded a box with 4.2gr BE, OAL 1.245 and .464 crimp with WLP primers and Starline 3X fired brass on a Star machine.  Being as I have a 50yd turning target range in the front yard I shot some SF and wound up with a 190-5 @ 50 offhand out of a Caspian long slide.  I'll take it.

We vacuum seal the bags as an extra attempt to keep them from sloshing back and forth rubbing, bouncing, etc.  We are finding that the vacuum bag won't stay sealed even with carpet padding between the layers.  I still believe that it is better than partially filled over sized boxes.  Empty space inside a box just gives room for the little guys to bump each other around pretty good.

Now that 190-5, we're gonna get you over that!  I'd like to see a few more X's at least!   Smile
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 4/5/2019, 3:23 pm

If the USPS get rid of flat rate boxes we're all going to be in trouble. I got 2 cases of ammo from Champions Choice and had to pay over $70 in shipping and I'm less than 100 miles from them.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by tierney 4/5/2019, 10:17 pm

i have not had an opportunity to machine rest the 200's as there is still 2 feet of snow around the ransom rest pedestal.  I have found, however, that what shoots best from a machine may or may not be what shoots best from your hand.  I have many 2650 scores with lead but nothing even close with the $50.00 a box Federal 185's.  ASYM would come close if I was 20 years younger.  It is like I have a running tally of how expensive the rounds are during the match.  Oh rats, there goes .50 cents, oh rats there goes .50 cents.

tierney

Back to top Go down

Post by Ring3 4/8/2019, 12:23 pm

Hello lightfoot. Sorry to ask this here but I’ve run out of options. I visited your site and attempted to order some bullets. Made it all the way to the “word verification”. No word appears in the box for me and so account cannot be created. Tried the “contact us” tab and get nothing. In fact, none of the tabs in that row work for me. I am using an older iPhone and perhaps that is causing my issues.

I’m new here (and to bullseye). Looked for a way to private message you here but couldn’t find one. Hope it’s ok to post this here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

Ring3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ring3 4/8/2019, 3:30 pm

Got a PM from Paul and figured out the PM’s. Really fast response!  Problem likely on my end and will get resolved. I struggle often with tech/internet issues. Looking forward to ordering. Thanks!

Rob

Ring3

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 4/8/2019, 5:58 pm

200 grain Hi Tek showed up today, They look great. Loaded some up tonight. Going to try them on Wed.

Going to order another "Free shipping" batch this week. This time some 380s and 38s.

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by fpk 4/11/2019, 11:52 pm

To all that have had some trouble ordering on the website, I am very sorry. I believe that I have updated the verification code thing to work better with more devices.  If you had tried and run into trouble, please give it another try and let me know if you still are having problems.

fpk

http://brazosprecision.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 4/12/2019, 6:39 am

When I ordered the other day, I just put them in the cart, clicked "check out", it went to PayPal and I paid. 

Never saw any verification thing.

Nice smooth transaction, thanks!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down