Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vortex Crossfire red dot...thoughts and opinions

+2
Wobbley
xman
6 posters

Go down

Vortex Crossfire red dot...thoughts and opinions Empty Vortex Crossfire red dot...thoughts and opinions

Post by xman 8/18/2019, 10:08 pm

Am looking to replace my heavy tasco 1x42 red/green on my primary .22 pistol a Buckmark. I really do like the wide field of view but it has a 5MOA dot and am seeking a 2 or 3MOA.

Am also planning to put a vortex on my back up 22. a SW M41.

any opinions on the Vortex Crossfire are appreciated.

They are in my budget..about 149.00

Have also looked at the Sig Sauer Romeo 5..seem discounted on ebay
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Vortex Crossfire red dot...thoughts and opinions Empty Re: Vortex Crossfire red dot...thoughts and opinions

Post by Wobbley 8/18/2019, 11:28 pm

My choice would be the Romeo. And for reflexes, the Burris Fastfire 3 right now.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Vortex Crossfire red dot...thoughts and opinions Empty Why the Romeo over the Vortex?

Post by xman 8/19/2019, 12:37 am

Wobbley wrote:My choice would be the Romeo.  And for reflexes, the Burris Fastfire 3 right now.  

Why the Romeo over the vortex?
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Vortex Crossfire red dot...thoughts and opinions Empty Re: Vortex Crossfire red dot...thoughts and opinions

Post by james r chapman 8/19/2019, 4:36 am

Most of the inexpensive dots will work well on the .22 imho.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 8/19/2019, 7:01 am

I like a bigger dot.  I may be the oddball.  It’s a circle Surprised: in a circle Surprised: just like shooting peep and globe on a 22 rifle.    A small dot makes me try to hold it exactly on the x.   A large dot gets held in the middle of the black.  I get better scores.   

I agree with Jim.  Most any dot will work on a 22.  

I use a Burris FF III.   Lifetime warranty, no question asked.   Never used the vortex.   

I now have a Trijicon SRO on my 45.   It’s the balls!  

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Walloch 8/19/2019, 7:08 am

I’ve been using a Vortex Crossfire on a .45 for about 6 months...seeing if it will take the abuse.  So far, so good.  Nice circular dot, positive clicks, same battery.  Might pick up a second one.

Greg Walloch

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/19/2019, 7:44 am

Greg Walloch wrote:I’ve been using a Vortex Crossfire on a .45 for about 6 months...seeing if it will take the abuse.  So far, so good.  Nice circular dot, positive clicks, same battery.  Might pick up a second one.
I was thinking of trying the same thing.  Slide mounted?
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Walloch 8/19/2019, 9:25 am

Yes, slide mounted.

Greg Walloch

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 8/19/2019, 10:16 am

xman wrote:
Wobbley wrote:My choice would be the Romeo.  And for reflexes, the Burris Fastfire 3 right now.  

Why the Romeo over the vortex?

I have two, one on my AR and one on my air pistol. The Burris I also have two, on on my 52 and another on a 45. I’m thinking I’ll be getting a Romeo to put on my 45 wadgun.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down