Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP trigger pull

Go down

Pardini SP trigger pull Empty Pardini SP trigger pull

Post by joy2shoot 1/29/2020, 7:56 am

I am considering changing the trigger pull on my Pardini SP Bullseye gun to 4 pounds to match my CF and .45 guns.  Does anyone know of any mechanical reasons why this cannot/should not be done?  Thanks in advance.

p.s. I have sent this same question to Pardini USA but sometimes it takes a while for them to respond and it is also good to get other perspectives.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP trigger pull Empty Re: Pardini SP trigger pull

Post by joy2shoot 1/29/2020, 1:05 pm

from Pardini USA (unedited)

"Sure the weight can get pretty close to 4 lbs. It all depends on how much you have shot, if the springs are worn too much they may not be able to reach a high enough weight.

Things to consider: the first stage weight (screw in front of rear sight) will eventually bottom out. Be mindful of this. For the second stage screw (the internal screw of the larger screw above the trigger) will also bottom out. Further, if you screw this internal screw too far, you will push the ball bearing from its housing rendering the second stage useless. Be careful not to go too far.

Lastly, I do want to recommend not doing this adjustment. I know having the same weight trigger across the calibers will make the larger calibers “easier” to shoot, but at the cost of how easy it is to shoot the SP. If you are having trouble with one or the other, I would simply have more training or dry fire time with the troublesome triggers. I would not advise any of the athletes I coach to do this. However, if you feel that this will help you, feel free to adjust the trigger. My recommendation in this event is to adjust the trigger to around 3.5lbs maximum."

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down