Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMP Rule Change; turning targets

5 posters

Go down

CMP Rule Change; turning targets Empty CMP Rule Change; turning targets

Post by cdrt 3/5/2020, 12:31 pm

This doesn't come up very often, but this year's rule book requires that Pistol EIC matches have turning targets for the timed/rapid stages. I know of only one range here in Texas that ran EICs in the past with stationary targets, but they know the cannot run them in the future.
3.7.3 Target Line
Targets are located along a line parallel to the firing line(s) that is 50 feet, 25 yards or 50 yards from the firing line. Targets may be turning or fixed, except that National Trophy, National Championship and EIC Matches events must be fired on turning targets.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

CMP Rule Change; turning targets Empty Re: CMP Rule Change; turning targets

Post by Jeff Porter 3/5/2020, 3:48 pm

Does Panola have turning targets? They have a Leg scheduled in first weekend in April I was considering.

Jeff Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 3/5/2020, 4:37 pm

They do not.  They announced on Facebook, that the matches would not be considered EIC matches, but they would still hold them if people wanted to shoot for practice.  When I saw their match program, I had queried them to see if they had installed turning targets since the last time I was there and let them know about the rule change.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 3/5/2020, 4:58 pm

That’s a bummer. I bet that’s going to knock out a lot of places for EIC matches. I hope they reconsider that rule.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by xman 3/5/2020, 5:25 pm

Darn it. Panola it was gonna be my first attempt at an EIC match. Hi am going to reconsider going .
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by xman 3/5/2020, 5:31 pm

Hi could you shoot the practice EIC at Panola on Friday and then shoot the 22 2700 match at Dallas pistol club . That’s a lot of driving and a lot of lead downrange. I have time to ponder .
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 3/5/2020, 10:02 pm

mpolans wrote:That’s a bummer. I bet that’s going to knock out a lot of places for EIC matches. I hope they reconsider that rule.
Of all the ranges I have shot pistol matches at, and that's quite a few, Panola was the only one without turning targets.  There were a couple which did not have a 50 yard line, which is also required for EICs and the DR match.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Porter 3/6/2020, 7:10 am

mpolans wrote:That’s a bummer. I bet that’s going to knock out a lot of places for EIC matches. I hope they reconsider that rule.

As a rifle shooter coming over.... I would hope that the EIC's were consistent at all locations with turning targets (or E-targets that would ignore early or late shots) and 50 yards for SF.  

Rifle EIC's requiring a full course (200, 300, 600) insures you have a few more skills than are required to shoot in a 200 yard tunnel on your home range on reduced targets. I had to travel a lot to find EIC matches and I cut points in four states (AL, IL, OH, TX) on the way to DR 2446. 

If becoming distinguished was easy, it would not mean as much to put that pin on your hat and add it to your signature line.  I am a long way from DD but that is the plan.

Jeff Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 3/6/2020, 7:59 am

Jeff Porter wrote:
As a rifle shooter coming over.... I would hope that the EIC's were consistent at all locations with turning targets (or E-targets that would ignore early or late shots) and 50 yards for SF. 
Pistol EICs require that the slow fire stage is shot at 50 yards. If anyone runs a match at 25 yards only, they are wrong.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Star loader 11/28/2021, 2:36 pm

You know it is not cost prohibitive,  come out of the stone age . I know some Texans are slow  but.........

Star loader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down