Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distinguished Revolver Rules

+2
weber1b
jmdavis
6 posters

Go down

Distinguished Revolver  Rules Empty Distinguished Revolver Rules

Post by jmdavis Thu May 24, 2018 11:36 am

Where is the rule that limits participation in a DR match to shooters who have shot other NRA matches in the Regional? I've gone through the book and can't find it. It may be an issue for one of my shooters. 

Mike Davis
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Distinguished Revolver  Rules Empty Re: Distinguished Revolver Rules

Post by weber1b Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am

In years past you had to shoot the 2700 to also shoot the DR. Starting last year, if the match director allowed it, you could sign up for and shoot just the DR. I don;t know where the rule is in the books, I just know it exists.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Thu May 24, 2018 12:20 pm

They do not have to shoot in the regional or state match anymore

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Thu May 24, 2018 2:26 pm

It was a rule change that was not published.  They just told some of us match directors.  The DR was free because you had to shoot the 2700.  Now you can shoot it without shooting the 2700 but the NRA is charging $5 per shooter besides the $5.50 per shooter at a Registered match or the $8 per shooter for the Regional, that's why you'll see a price increase.  I was charging just a dollar to cover the cost of the targets, now I'm going to charge $6 if you shoot the DR whether you shoot the 2700 or not.

Last edited by cdrt on Thu May 24, 2018 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b Thu May 24, 2018 2:48 pm

And I think anyone who objects to having to pay for it when shooting it independantly would be out of line. I did take advantage of this once last year where I could not make the two day regional but was able to drive over and shoot both EIC matches and the DR. I welcome change that I would not have known about except I read it on this forum.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 Fri May 17, 2019 8:03 am

First time posting.  Yes, I know this is a year-old thread but I have first-hand experience.

As mentioned above the requirement to compete in at least 900 of the regional was in the old rulebook.  In 2016 it was written out.

In 2017 I won my first DR match and after waiting for an eternity for points to post I checked with NRA and was told that the old rule was still being enforced.  This was IMO in direct contradiction to the rule book and was not how the rules were interpreted by numerous match directors much more experienced than myself.

I appealed to the NRA with the assistance of a member of their competitions committee and got the points awarded.

NRA still needs to update their DR points log more than once a year though, IMO.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Distinguished Revolver  Rules Empty a case of "rule change" by disappearance

Post by noalibis.mary Wed May 29, 2019 8:47 am

This is something I brought up at last year's competitors meeting at Perry (which has not been addressed "yet") and should actually be heads-up for everyone.

You may note in the last published Rules changes from 2016
(see http://rulebooks.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/rules/rul_precision_pistol_16.pdf) the very innocuous statement 
"23.1 Eligibility- This competition is open to any competitor otherwise eligible to compete in Precision Pistol competition."

Unless you had somewhere saved a copy of the Rulebook from BEFORE 2016 (see below) there would be no way to realize that this rule change actually REMOVED THE WORDING thereby removing the prior restriction that DR competitors had to participate in the associated Regional/State Championship (after it took me half a year to realize this, I started saving old versions exactly for this reason!)

The 2015 version said:
"23.1 Eligibility - Only individuals who are eligible for NRA Pistol Competition Pursuant to Section 2 of the NRA Pistol Rules, competing in the NRA National Outdoor Pistol Championships, NRA Registered State Outdoor Pistol Championship Tournaments or NRA Pistol Regionals, shall be eligible to compete in this program."

noalibis.mary

https://www.NJPistol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down