Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Classifications on hold?

Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by Mike38 on 4/23/2020, 10:43 pm

Due to the Covid scare, NRA matches are suspended for a while. I understand that. Also, NRA-HQ has put employees on furlough / lay off. But are reclassifications also on hold? The last three matches that I have completed (540 shots) should bump me up to Expert, just barely with a 90.5%. Will we get reclassified soon? Or is that also on hold?
Mike38
Mike38

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-09-15
Age : 61
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by dronning on 4/23/2020, 11:02 pm

Someone needs to be there to enter the data, it could be months from now,
dronning
dronning

Posts : 2582
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 66
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by chiz1180 on 4/24/2020, 3:33 am

One thing you can do is check your competitor history on the NRA competition portal thing and see what matches they have recorded, probably the best insight you can get on getting reclassified.

chiz1180

Posts : 117
Join date : 2019-05-29

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by james r chapman on 4/24/2020, 4:55 am

Half our companies office employees are working from home remotely due to customer demands.

Why not NRA!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 4378
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 71
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by cdrt on 4/24/2020, 7:40 am

The NRA entered the scores for our Winter League last week, that I send in at the end of March, so someone is working.  You need to check your competitor history and also check with your match director and see when the scores were submitted.
cdrt
cdrt

Posts : 684
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Amarillo, Texas

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by james r chapman on 4/24/2020, 7:57 am

You must be like the small business loans,
Shuffled to the top of the heap.
Nothing from many matches and leagues since 
September, ‘19
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 4378
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 71
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by Mike38 on 4/24/2020, 10:54 am

chiz1180 wrote:One thing you can do is check your competitor history on the NRA competition portal thing and see what matches they have recorded, probably the best insight you can get on getting reclassified.

My "Competitor History" it is currently up to date. Last match I've shot was 12/8/19. But the "Your Classification" didn't get updated.

My guess is because of the postponements of NRA matches, and the recent lay offs and reductions at NRA-HQ, nothing will get updated for months, if not the rest of the year.
Mike38
Mike38

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-09-15
Age : 61
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by fc60 on 4/24/2020, 11:41 am

Mike38 wrote:Due to the Covid scare, NRA matches are suspended for a while. I understand that. Also, NRA-HQ has put employees on furlough / lay off. But are reclassifications also on hold? The last three matches that I have completed (540 shots) should bump me up to Expert, just barely with a 90.5%. Will we get reclassified soon? Or is that also on hold?
Good news,

You can elect to shoot in a higher classification, except High Master.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Posts : 868
Join date : 2011-06-11
Location : South Prairie, WA 98385

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by radjag on 4/24/2020, 12:42 pm

Portland Oregon Winter League results up to the end of December 2019 must have got processed cause I got a reclassification card from the NRA dated 27 January 2020. Just FYI.

radjag

Posts : 753
Join date : 2017-03-23
Age : 64
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by chiz1180 on 4/24/2020, 2:48 pm

Mike38 wrote:My "Competitor History" it is currently up to date. Last match I've shot was 12/8/19. But the "Your Classification" didn't get updated.

My guess is because of the postponements of NRA matches, and the recent lay offs and reductions at NRA-HQ, nothing will get updated for months, if not the rest of the year.
My competitor history is missing like 5-6 matches going back as far a September. I personal have given up on that system ever being up to date.

chiz1180

Posts : 117
Join date : 2019-05-29

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by djperry2 on 4/24/2020, 3:59 pm

Somebody must be working overtime at the NRA. I get mailings at least twice a week with a contest entry ( with donation request), urgent NRA-ILA call to action ( with donation request). Not to mention the daily ( sometimes multiple) e-mail requests for donations and invitations to Friends of the NRA events. All those have been cancelled but still get invitations ( with donation request). Frequently get e-mails asking to shop at the NRA store.

At least someone is taking care of all the important work.

djperry2

Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-04-07
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by TonyH on 4/24/2020, 7:22 pm

djperry2 wrote:Somebody must be working overtime at the NRA. I get mailings at least twice a week with a contest entry ( with donation request), urgent NRA-ILA call to action ( with donation request). Not to mention the daily ( sometimes multiple) e-mail requests for donations and invitations to Friends of the NRA events. All those have been cancelled but still get invitations ( with donation request). Frequently get e-mails asking to shop at the NRA store.

At least someone is taking care of all the important work.
They need the donations so the “essential” employees can still get their salaries. Please keep giving even if you are not employed presently!
TonyH
TonyH

Posts : 434
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : Just outside the gates of Hell, MI

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by Doug Tiedt on 4/25/2020, 12:05 pm

james r chapman wrote:You must be like the small business loans,
Shuffled to the top of the heap.
Nothing from many matches and leagues since 
September, ‘19

Waiting longer than that here.

Doug Tiedt

Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-05-29

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by CR10X on 4/26/2020, 9:02 am

After reading this and many other topics along these lines lately, here are some things I've noticed over the years.
 
I'm a Life member and since requesting no more solicitations, I've not gotten any.  But can't seem to get them to understand I don't even want the magazine.  Ask for what you want and be thankful for what you get.  Just talking about it gets you nothing different. 

Match results seem to get process quicker when they are actually sent in for matches that were already registered or approved.

League results seem to get processed when the league that was approved is over and all match scores are actually sent in.

Everybody makes mistakes, some people learn from then, some people don't. But you can still expect new mistakes from the same people and the same mistakes from new people. 

People that assume the worst in others tend to get the worst from others. 

You can't drink all day unless you start before breakfast. (Done)

CR

CR10X

Posts : 1279
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum