Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volquartsen - S&W Model 41 Extractors

+2
boatbum101
Domino1
6 posters

Go down

Volquartsen - S&W Model 41 Extractors Empty Volquartsen - S&W Model 41 Extractors

Post by Domino1 4/30/2020, 2:59 pm

Volquartsen is now making S&W Model 41 Extractors again after not making them for a while:

https://volquartsen.com/departments/sw41_parts/inventory_configurations/883

See the link above.  No affiliation with the company.

A little more background at the S&W Forum:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-semi-auto-pistols/616883-must-view-if-you-own-model-41-psa.html

Domino1

Back to top Go down

Volquartsen - S&W Model 41 Extractors Empty Re: Volquartsen - S&W Model 41 Extractors

Post by boatbum101 4/30/2020, 3:19 pm

Vast improvement over crappy OEM design . I really don't know how they sell these days . QA / QC even on the PC guns is dismal . Barrels are a joke as are triggers . Match pistol............ no longer in my eyes .

boatbum101

Back to top Go down

Volquartsen - S&W Model 41 Extractors Empty Re: Volquartsen - S&W Model 41 Extractors

Post by orpheoet 4/30/2020, 6:37 pm

boatbum101 wrote:Vast improvement over crappy OEM design . I really don't know how they sell these days . QA / QC even on the PC guns is dismal . Barrels are a joke as are triggers . Match pistol............ no longer in my eyes .
Sad but true from what I've seen. I have an older one that has never had an alibi. I put the Volquartzen in it just in principle even though it ran fine. I discovered Volquartzen when I was starting out with a MKIII
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/30/2020, 8:52 pm

boatbum101 wrote:Vast improvement over crappy OEM design . I really don't know how they sell these days . QA / QC even on the PC guns is dismal . Barrels are a joke as are triggers . Match pistol............ no longer in my eyes .
I was going to be upset with this post. Then I realized even my "new" model 41 is 18 years old. Then I remembered I had to re-crown the barrel on it before it would hold the 10 ring at 50 yds. My 50 year old 41 shot little tiny groups inside it. The good news is at least it runs great.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 4/30/2020, 9:46 pm

Domino1 wrote:Volquartsen is now making S&W Model 41 Extractors again after not making them for a while:

https://volquartsen.com/departments/sw41_parts/inventory_configurations/883

See the link above.  No affiliation with the company.

A little more background at the S&W Forum:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-semi-auto-pistols/616883-must-view-if-you-own-model-41-psa.html
Thank you, Domino1;

I ordered couple.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Domino1 5/1/2020, 9:13 am

LenV wrote:
I was going to be upset with this post. Then I realized even my "new" model 41 is 18 years old. Then I remembered I had to re-crown the barrel on it before it would hold the 10 ring at 50 yds. My 50 year old 41 shot little tiny groups inside it. The good news is at least it runs great.

Len
Len,

You looked at the crown with a loupe and saw that it was damaged?  Did you have the whole front of the barrel faced off or just where the crown was?

Thanks,
Jef

Domino1

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/1/2020, 10:34 am

LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Domino1 5/1/2020, 10:48 am

Len, Thanks that post was informative.

Domino1

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello 5/7/2020, 10:46 am

I had Roddy Toyota redo my brand new M41 PC. I just shoot it. It's okay but nothing I would consider match quality. I've a a few over the years. I thought I'd try one again and bought into the P.Center BS.

Now I enjoy my TOZ-35M more.

If you are serious about  bullseye competition, save your dollars to get a Pardini or FW 93, end of story. I have no financial interest in Pardini or FWB. I've owned both.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down