Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larry's Gun Scope Mount for Hammerli Trailside/X-esse

+2
zanemoseley
Allen Barnett
6 posters

Go down

Larry's Gun Scope Mount for Hammerli Trailside/X-esse Empty Larry's Gun Scope Mount for Hammerli Trailside/X-esse

Post by Allen Barnett Mon 04 May 2020, 11:32 pm

For those of you who are owner's of either the Hammerli Trailside or X-esse and use Larry Carter's scope mount I have a couple comments and questions.  My new X-esse does not have the 11mm barrel grooves so I got one of Larry's scope mounts from Redfeather.  Installed it and torqued the set screws to 30 inch pounds.  After firing about 500 rounds I noticed that the mount had slid forwards about 1/4 of an inch.  Have any of you had the mount move on you?  How much torque did you use on the set screws?  Anybody got any reccomended torque values that you have used?  I really don't want to over torque this mount and ruin a $150 investment.

Last edited by Allen Barnett on Mon 04 May 2020, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Larry's Gun Scope Mount for Hammerli Trailside/X-esse Empty Re: Larry's Gun Scope Mount for Hammerli Trailside/X-esse

Post by zanemoseley Tue 05 May 2020, 12:43 am

Does that mount into a barrel weight dovetail like the 208S Larry's mount? If so I had the same issue, I really torqued it down and it still slid a bit. Someone recommended I take the mount off the pistol them tighten the set screw to help spread the halves then reinstall, I did that and seemed to help.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Larry's Gun Scope Mount for Hammerli Trailside/X-esse Empty Re: Larry's Gun Scope Mount for Hammerli Trailside/X-esse

Post by Boris_La Tue 05 May 2020, 4:10 am

I have this mount on my Trailside. It doesn't move. I never measured the torque, but its not excessive.
The important is to clean very well the rail (both mating surfaces) and make sure that you set the mount in the rail correctly. On my first attempt it went crooked and didn't engage the rail fully.
Before this mount I used rings on the 11mm top rail and that one slid backward after few hundred round. I was having to check it regularly.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Wed 06 May 2020, 8:30 pm

Zane: to answer your question yes it does.  I will give your suggestion a try and see what happens.

Boris: I cleaned and degreased everything first off.  I have 2 Trailsides with grooved barrels. I use 11mm rings from Warne and never had anything move after several thousand rounds.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Snappyobx Wed 20 Dec 2023, 1:38 pm

How to these mounts secure to the barrel?It looks like they wrap around it and clamp over it.They dont require drill and tapping?

Snappyobx

NYKenn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Wed 20 Dec 2023, 1:52 pm

Snappyobx wrote:How to these mounts secure to the barrel?It looks like they wrap around it and clamp over it.They dont require drill and tapping?
No drilling or tapping. They clamp to the lower dovetail where the barrel weight would attach.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Wed 20 Dec 2023, 4:33 pm

Allen,

PM coming.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snappyobx Wed 20 Dec 2023, 7:34 pm

Would it fit this

Snappyobx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down