Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini Sp/Hp question

4 posters

Go down

Pardini Sp/Hp question Empty Pardini Sp/Hp question

Post by James Hensler 5/15/2020, 11:46 am

Ok guys I have a 2018 SP New 22 with a HP conversion. The bolts on both are the newer squared off ones not the half circle ones. I was talking to another member about my problems with the new 85 XTP’s. I have been in contact with Alex and still no luck. His question was when have you changed the buffer in the frame. I said I don’t have one and he has a 2018 HP and swears he has one. It is not listed in his or my exploded parts pic in our manuals. When I shine a light I can see where my bolt comes into contact with the frame and it’s not rubber. When I called Alex he said I don’t have a buffer. Joe says he has shot around 50 85’s without an issue. Today I shot 50 each in 1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8 grains of N310 and I counted 3-4 Failure to Feed jams each load. No rhyme or reason! Just random. So here’s my question who else has a newer Pardini and does it have a damper in the bolt or a buffer in the back of the frame
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Pardini Sp/Hp question Empty Re: Pardini Sp/Hp question

Post by lablover 5/15/2020, 11:55 am

Yea, and why do they list a buffer. Part 818 I believe on the parts list online for the sp and hp

Looked like a buffer to me but after poking with a metal object seems pretty hard and metal like.

Pardini Sp/Hp question 4aa51610
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 5/15/2020, 12:04 pm

And to help Jim, here is a pic of the jam he’s getting using the 85 gr xtp. It would be good to see if others have shot the 85s more and can duplicate the issue or if it’s something wrong with Jim’s gun.  Only reason I’m chiming in is because the day will come when that’s all we have left to shoot on the LL and if it’s an issue we all have then maybe Pardini should look into it.

I shot about 50 and had zero issues.  However my gun is brand new and doesn’t have the round count that Jim does.

Where is Dipnet when you need him......lol

Pardini Sp/Hp question 7320a910
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 5/15/2020, 1:12 pm

Are both y'all using identical 85gr XTP loads and shooting unmodified guns?  

If so, Jim, about how many rounds does your recoil spring have on it?  Have you tried swapping in a new one?  I wonder if a weak recoil spring is letting the bolt come back and return to battery too fast, causing it to occasionally fail to feed.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 5/15/2020, 3:15 pm

Every spring is brand new

The bolt is definitely going faster than it should. Alex is sending me 13 new Buffer O rings
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 5/15/2020, 9:12 pm

Maybe Wolff or somebody should come out with extra power recoil springs.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 5/16/2020, 9:16 am

mpolans wrote:Maybe Wolff or somebody should come out with extra power recoil springs.
I have talked to a Spring manufacturer and I am going to have new Magazine and recoil springs made to my spec. It’s a little pricey to do both so I will have to do 1 then the other. Hope to do it in a few months
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 5/16/2020, 9:32 am

You should try to get together a group buy on here.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 5/16/2020, 1:32 pm

mpolans wrote:You should try to get together a group buy on here.
Maybe on the final ones but I want to make sure they are better than what we have and that they work
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 5/17/2020, 11:48 am

James, I have an HP in 32acp purchased new in March of 2018.  I added a .22 upper, also new, about a year later.  Both uppers use the O-ring style damper.  Although I have not fully stripped it down to look, the frame does not appear to have the rubber buffer.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 5/17/2020, 4:02 pm

Yeah Don they definitely don’t have the rubber buffer.
Don how many 85 grain XTP Bullets have you shot so far with yours and have there been any issues
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 5/17/2020, 6:31 pm

James, I have only put about 100 of the 85 XTP's through my gun.  They all functioned with no problem.  My load is 1.6gr N310 with OAL=.919 and crimp .330.  

I should note that my 32 mags have the stock magazine spring shortened 2 turns.  I did that from the very start with this gun and it solved function problems I had with the 60gr loads.

Also, in future 85 loads I plan to shorten the OAL.  At 0.919 the bullet is grabbed by the leade in my gun and cannot be manually extracted.  Some folks are comfortable with that but I am not.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 5/17/2020, 8:20 pm

Yeah that’s a little long. Alex told me this week to try .895 but I am sticking to .900. They can be ejected. Now to your springs. My pistol has from day 1 always shot the 60’s perfect without a single malfunction. It still does but I am down to 260 so I got to figure these 85’s out
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down