Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22 Conversions? - Good for Serious Bullseye Competition

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

22 Conversions? - Good for Serious Bullseye Competition - Page 2 Empty 22 Conversions? - Good for Serious Bullseye Competition

Post by jshank on 8/8/2020, 4:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Are any serious bullseye competitors using 1911 frames with 22 conversion kits, or must one use a dedicated precision pistol i.e. AW92, Pardini, Matchgun etc?

jshank

Back to top Go down

22 Conversions? - Good for Serious Bullseye Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: 22 Conversions? - Good for Serious Bullseye Competition

Post by mikemyers on 8/10/2020, 11:47 am

Hmm, not that it matters, but if my choice was between a Nelson kit, a Pardini, and the new High Standard, I'd still go with the High Standard.  .....which is all about me, and likely doesn't apply to you.

Considering how well you shoot, why not try out the Nelson before you do anything else?  It's not all that much of an investment, and were you to decide you wanted to sell it, it would be snapped up here in this forum in a heartbeat.  

If you have half an hour, watch this video from beginning to end.  More than anything else, this video documentary convinced me to buy the Nelson kit.  Watch the whole video, including the installation suggestions near the end.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIpPMFm5ubM
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

22 Conversions? - Good for Serious Bullseye Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: 22 Conversions? - Good for Serious Bullseye Competition

Post by james r chapman on 8/10/2020, 1:03 pm

Shine that Apple 🍎.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler on 8/10/2020, 1:18 pm

It’s dipped in gold Jim
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 8/10/2020, 3:08 pm

Marvel conversion: 100-8x
Jon
22 Conversions? - Good for Serious Bullseye Competition - Page 2 20200810
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/10/2020, 4:42 pm

Tell me more about your Horton grips.  Do you need to have a flat mainspring housing to put them on?  Do they have an adjustable palm shelf?  

My big complaint  about other custom grips for 1911 that I have tried is they provide no support for the thumb.  If I don’t have the ability to put some of the gun weight on my thumb with a little overhead shelf,  it leads to me gripping tighter, and also thumbing the gun.   A big no no,  might as well just shoot with straight grips when that happens.

I also don’t like them varnished.   Pretty is nice but shiny is slick especially in those Ohio summers.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G on 8/10/2020, 4:45 pm

Second from the top - two pictures of Dick Horton's 1911 grips. For what it's worth, I love mine.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t11075-dick-horton-match-grips-new-e-mail-address
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum