Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone has experience on new Schuemann (Zitta) barrels?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone has experience on new Schuemann (Zitta) barrels? Empty Anyone has experience on new Schuemann (Zitta) barrels?

Post by cfirimar Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi folks,
Heard great things about old Schuemann AET barrels, but I'm little late to this train, and didn't get a chance to handle/fit one. 

I did some readings on AET design on old website, I want to give them a try:
* the gain twist rate feature is very interesting, however the angles it engraves on the bullets also change with the twist rate, and such change can shave/cut bullet plating/surface off. so accuracy with uncoated/plated bullets are not as good as jacketed bullets. I plan to use jacket bullets only so this won't be a huge deal.
* Chamber/Free-bore fluting is also an important feature of it, from Schuemann patents it seems they are major reasons of the improved accuracy. the downside (or upside?) is I can no longer ream the chamber after fitting hood. 

Recently I found out they are available again from Al Zitta (szbarrels), so want to ask here
* Has anybody here tried the new one, and how does the quality compare with old ones?
* Has anyone tested old/new AET barrels against common ones (e.g. Barsto) and confirmed it is superior accuracy with good ammo (in barrel fixture or equally tight fitted guns)? 
* I didn't see too many bullseye competitors using them here, or BE smiths building with this option, were these barrels more common years ago when they were more available?

Thanks!

cfirimar

Back to top Go down

Anyone has experience on new Schuemann (Zitta) barrels? Empty Re: Anyone has experience on new Schuemann (Zitta) barrels?

Post by 10sandxs Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:30 am

I tried using a schuemann once, a long time ago because a customer demanded it. Had it on order for over a year with no delivery. Customer service sucked and I eventually ended up canceling the order as the customer decided he'd rather have a gun to shoot instead of being able to say he had a certain barrel in said gun.

Dont be too quick to believe something is better because its patented. Patents are a joke. You can say what ever you like in them and no knowledgeable person checks them for technical content. Btw, I have seven, and it will never cease to amaze me what the examiners will pass and what they find fault with, its comical.

There are proven barrel producers out there. I personally like KKM, but have used a lot of Kart barrels as well. THE AET barrel MIGHT be marginally better, i don't know, but when i call KKM or Kart, they are happy to help and usually go beyond what is needed. That is a big factor in my decision

10sandxs

cfirimar likes this post

Back to top Go down