Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22 pistol, rolling trigger?

+6
SmokinNJokin
Dcforman
zanemoseley
KBarth
kc.crawford.7
jshank
10 posters

Go down

22 pistol, rolling trigger? Empty 22 pistol, rolling trigger?

Post by jshank Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:24 am

Hi,
What are if any 22LR are capable of having a rolling trigger?
I have High Standards which have a very light crisp trigger but now I would like to try a rolling trigger.
I have been told the AW93 is capable of adjusting the trigger to have a long roll. Any other?

jshank

Fotomaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down

22 pistol, rolling trigger? Empty Re: 22 pistol, rolling trigger?

Post by kc.crawford.7 Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:44 am

Dedicated lower for your conversion.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

chiz1180 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KBarth Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:04 am

Hammerli has a nice roll as well
KBarth
KBarth

Back to top Go down

Post by jshank Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:08 am

Which Hammerli 208 or 215?
Early Hammerli or latter ones?

jshank

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:20 am

The Hammerli 208S has an amazing 2 stage trigger which can be setup to feel like a roll.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by jshank Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:34 am

There is a 215 late model serial number, coming up on Gunbroker, could this be set up to feel like a roll.
I have be looking for a 208S but have not been able to find one.

jshank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:47 am

Jshank, this one is available.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879298751

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by jshank Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:55 am

I saw that one, but at $2250 I might as well spend $250 more and get a new AW93.
I have an Aimpoint H-1 so the optic with that one does not appeal to me

jshank

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:07 am

I loved, loved my AW-93 and regret selling it. I had mine set up with a mile-long single stage roll.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:11 am

The AW93 is a nice pistol but can be quite lightweight which I don't like, some do though. The 208S has a front dovetail on the bottom of the barrel meant to mount a barrel weight but makes a great spot to mount a custom red dot mount. There's a reason tons of top level shooters use a 208S. Keep an eye out for deals, watch Simpson Ltd, I found a like new in box one for about $1750 last Winter there, might have even been unfired. Try to hold one of each before deciding, the more I shoot the more I find that the balance and trigger make or break a pistol for me, they all shoot good typically at this level.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:30 am

zanemoseley wrote:The AW93 is a nice pistol but can be quite lightweight which I don't like, some do though. The 208S has a front dovetail on the bottom of the barrel meant to mount a barrel weight but makes a great spot to mount a custom red dot mount. There's a reason tons of top level shooters use a 208S. Keep an eye out for deals, watch Simpson Ltd, I found a like new in box one for about $1750 last Winter there, might have even been unfired. Try to hold one of each before deciding, the more I shoot the more I find that the balance and trigger make or break a pistol for me, they all shoot good typically at this level.
Jshank, I agree with Zane. I've not seen an "S" go on GunBroker for less than $2200 or so. That's really market price. Occasionally you'll see one come up here for a good price. We tend not to gouge each other! With the Hammerlis, the late serial number 208, 215, and Internationals all got two stage triggers. Pilkguns.com has a page on trigger adjustments and lists the serial numbers for the two stage versions. Also, honestly, the single stage versions have pretty darn good triggers. The ones I've felt are a short, consistent roll, with a very quick, clean release. Not as adjustable, but very nice. Also a LOT cheaper. Be patient on GB, and you'll find one under $1000.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:44 am

FWB AW93
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Fotomaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KBarth Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:05 am

All of the different hammerli pistols I have shot have had a roll trigger. That includes 208,215 and their s variants
KBarth
KBarth

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:45 am

+1 on a 22 conversion, especially if you want to match the feel of a 1911. 

Hammerli's are great but I have seen more than one damaged by someone taking it down incorrectly to clean. Parts and magazines are also expensive.

AW's are also great but magazines are also expensive. 

If you can try at least one of each. Just because some good shooter(s) you know shoots one does not mean it is the gun for you.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:23 pm

I like how the 93 feels when it fires and recovers, the accuracy and function. I do not like the trigger. I messed with adjustments to try and get a shorter fast breaking roll and short reset. Couldn’t get even close to that. Roll is extremely too long. Makes SF shots difficult because of the long take up and then the excessively long roll. It causes two groups, one good centered group when they’re breaking good, and low group when they take too long to break. On the short line 1st shot is similar to the long line then next 4 are fantastic if your careful not to let too far off the trigger during reset. The guys who shoot them well are few and far between. Zins and Hemphill both are exceptional shooters and shot them well. If I see a 93 on the line, I never worry about being out shot by whoever is using it, because I know they’re battling the trigger and most likely will lose the battle. Obviously rare exception to this. Frank Sokolowski made a trigger modification that I hear made the trigger exceptionally nice and more inline with what a good trigger should feel like. Majority (almost all) of my friends who have the 93 leave it in the safe. 
My 2 cents.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by jshank Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 pm

Jon, What pistol do you like?

jshank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:20 pm

I like most of the .22’s out there, they just need good trigger that is your friend. I currently shoot 208s and MG2. But also shoot HS, conversions and in near future a Ruger again just because.
I forgot to mention that if you have a really good hold the 93 can be shot well. But us part time shooters that are also getting up in the years typically do not hold as well as the young guys. 
I’m of the strong opinion that whether you shoot a roll or a crisp trigger that is has to break fast. We can’t be waiting on a trigger to break. Difference between waiting for a good break and forcing the shot break; in other words if your trigger requires squeezing and squeezing and squeezing until shot breaks, most likely it’s too crisp or too long of a roll. You have to have an idea that you know your trigger is about to break. It’s knowing your gun. Just because a trigger breaks at 2# or 3.5# doesn’t mean it’s a good trigger pull. I shoot close to the same scores with all my .22 pistols. I attribute that to trigger pull more than the pistol. I think longer rolls are good to get a novice to feel and understand trigger movements. But after learning this, in the long run it will work against you requiring a shorter roll. Rare that a shooter can shoot a long roll well. My PPC shooters can get away with it because they are aggressive and using two hands.
So soft crisp, short roll or short/medium are my recommendation.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:27 pm

PPC used to use the longest roll, a double action only revolver!

Next worst is most striker pistols! 😬
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down