Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model 41 Slide Stop Ejector Failure

Go down

Model 41 Slide Stop Ejector Failure Empty Model 41 Slide Stop Ejector Failure

Post by REConley on 10/16/2020, 7:29 pm

I had the Slide Stop/Ejector of a less than year old Model 41 fail today. The thin portion coming from the pivot point cracked just in front of the slide stop. 

Is this a common occurrence with 41's?
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Model 41 Slide Stop Ejector Failure Empty Re: Model 41 Slide Stop Ejector Failure

Post by Kp321 on 10/17/2020, 8:17 am

Unfortunately this part does break. I suspect being a stamping, there is some residual stress that leads to cracking since it gets hammered pretty regularly. Numrich had unblued ones in stock.

Kp321

Back to top Go down

Model 41 Slide Stop Ejector Failure Empty Re: Model 41 Slide Stop Ejector Failure

Post by REConley on 10/17/2020, 8:33 am

Numrich and Brownells both have them in stock and I have a replacement and new spring on order. Since I have two 41's, I was just thinking I might want to keep a spare on hand if this is a common occurrence. 
Thanks for the comment.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Domino1 on 10/17/2020, 12:02 pm

There was a guy at RFC that had a new pistol a couple weeks and the same part broke.  S&W sent him one but it took a long time (ie several months).  Probably good to have a spare laying around.  Order the one with the spring installed.

Domino1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum