Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When/what year did CCI SV start having quality problems?

+4
Jack H
CO1Mtn
Dcforman
Sa-tevp
8 posters

Go down

When/what year did CCI SV start having quality problems? Empty When/what year did CCI SV start having quality problems?

Post by Sa-tevp Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:33 pm

As I was assessing my stash to defend myself from all the rodent varmints in the county I live in as well as trying to make X ring holes at fifty yards, I was wondering when did we in the Bullseye community start seeing quality problems with CCI SV, such as heavy lube?

I know I had some post 2016 bricks that were heavy on the wax lube and caused feed issues.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

When/what year did CCI SV start having quality problems? Empty Re: When/what year did CCI SV start having quality problems?

Post by Dcforman Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:35 pm

My experience with heavy wax came on the last bricks I got before they changed to the new style boxes. Can't remember when that was. 

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

When/what year did CCI SV start having quality problems? Empty Re: When/what year did CCI SV start having quality problems?

Post by CO1Mtn Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:36 pm

I still use CCI SV and haven't noticed anything. I have a few bricks from early 2019 I'm still using.

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:50 pm

I have bricks purchased 8-10 years ago with weak cycling rounds.

8-10 is just a guess.  They were about $25 per brick.  That might pinpoint the time better.

Last edited by Jack H on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:56 pm

Jack H wrote:I have bricks purchased 8-10 years ago with weak cycling rounds.

You had to go there. (sarcasm)  I was checking what I had on hand and my markings were 2014 to 2106. The loose bricks after 2016 have been shot up and those where the ones where I noticed more problems. Heavy wax and misfires.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfAGun Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 pm

I bought a case of CCI SV 0035 at the beginning of February 2019 via targetsportsusa.com that definitely had the heavy wax issue. I just happen to have a folder with all the rebate documents, so I'm quite sure of these details.

Edit: to include the info that this product came in the old style, dark blue packaging.

Last edited by SonOfAGun on Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:23 pm

2019 sounds about right.  I noticed it when the packaging changed colors.  The older color was a dark navy blue with a red stripe and the newer stuff has a lighter royal blue with a more of an orange stripe.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 pm

I’m finishing up a case I bought in 2018 that functioned fine. I didn’t have any of the problems other have discussed here.  These boxes are the older, darker blue. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:15 pm

I bought a case in 2013 and it was lousy. Most people generally agree when they changed the box to light blue from dark blue the quality was not as good.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down