Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rifle scope recommendations (off topic)

+9
PhotoEscape
LenV
jglenn21
NuJudge
javaduke
Wobbley
TomH_pa
KBarth
Motophotog7
13 posters

Go down

Rifle scope recommendations (off topic) Empty Rifle scope recommendations (off topic)

Post by Motophotog7 Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:15 pm

Just looking for recommendations from the best group of shooters I have access to! In both knowledge and experience. I know many here have experience in multiple disciplines and can relate to living on a budget. I have searched on the Highroad, and will get lost down that rabbit hole, a place I often find myself in on many subjects... So to narrow it down, my cheapie scope on my M4 pattern AR crapped out, (I know I know buy once cry once!) I’m looking at a Sig Romeo red dot w/ 3x flip out magnifier for $245 for DVOR, but open to other options. Also a good variable for my heavy barrel 1022 is on the wish list. Always wanted an Acog but it’s  not in the budget...

Motophotog7

Back to top Go down

Rifle scope recommendations (off topic) Empty Re: Rifle scope recommendations (off topic)

Post by KBarth Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:22 pm

I bought a mueller 8-32 for my 22 rifle. Works great and cheap
KBarth
KBarth

Back to top Go down

Rifle scope recommendations (off topic) Empty Re: Rifle scope recommendations (off topic)

Post by TomH_pa Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:56 pm

Palmetto State usually has decent deals on Vortex which I hear are not bad.

Hard to go wrong to with anything from Leupold although they've quit making a lot of their moderately priced scopes.

Might check Accurate shooter web site for used...reputable sellers like here.

TomH_pa

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:58 pm

For a line of optics I’d look at Vortex.

These guys did some reviews of Vortex LPVO.

https://youtu.be/WSjVcVsBzig

https://youtu.be/W1eHRbXV3SA

https://youtu.be/rRemQS3oguY
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:48 pm

I have several Vortex scopes and very pleased with them, they may not be the cheapest ones but like you said, buy once, cry once. The glass is very clean and reticles are nice. My favorite is the Viper with FFP reticle, I have it on my Ruger Precision rifle, but Vortex also makes several scopes suitable for AR.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by NuJudge Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:39 pm

I shoot a lot of Service Rifle, and maximum power there is 4.5 power. The Vortex and Nikon offerings are good for that. I also use a lot of different red dots,, and for them I let my wallet and length of battery life be my guide.

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:44 pm

check out Leupold's VX Freedom scopes.. very nice for the $$
jglenn21
jglenn21

Hawkja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:43 pm

Ultradot 6 another good choice. I have one on my planet of the apes 40 cal. Also on my 44 mag which I had a picture of.Rifle scope recommendations (off topic) 20180735
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:01 pm

This brand is probably not well known.  However I strongly recommend exploring option offered by Nikko Stirling, -

Nikko Stirling | Optics For Sport, Since 1956

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:56 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:This brand is probably not well known.  However I strongly recommend exploring option offered by Nikko Stirling, -

AP
Who in the USA sells this glass ?

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:14 pm

https://www.swfa.com/

check their Sample list.. get nice bargains every now and then
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:10 pm

Multiracer wrote:
Who in the USA sells this glass ?
Nikko Stirling Riflescopes & Accessories | Up to 63% Off on 22 Products | OpticsPlanet.com

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colonialhardwood Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:53 am

What is your intended use for the rifle? For a short M4, I'm guessing long-range is out. We use max 4.5X scopes out to 600 yards very effectively over on the Service Rifle side. The Vortex, Athlon, Leupold, Hi-Lux are all fairly well regarded in the mid-range $$ market ($400-$500). The new offering from White Oak Armory is getting great reviews at $800.

colonialhardwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:27 am

PhotoEscape wrote:This brand is probably not well known.  However I strongly recommend exploring option offered by Nikko Stirling, -

AP
I purchased one for a Tikka T-3. Nice optic and good all around adjustability two reticles etc.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Luke, turn away from the dark side...

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by machinist mike Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:37 pm

RE: Vortex Optics.  If you are a vet, Vortex will give you a 40% discount across the entire line, plus a 100% lifetime warranty. Just so ya know.

Mike

machinist mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down