Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New .32 Lapua S&WL Case Split! PIC

3 posters

Go down

New .32 Lapua S&WL Case Split!  PIC Empty New .32 Lapua S&WL Case Split! PIC

Post by beeser 3/24/2021, 6:50 pm

While loading .32 S&WL with new Lapua brass a case split in half.  The Star expander was hard pulling out of the case but I never thought one would come apart like this.  A small amount of Dillon case lube applied to the expander occasionally solved the problem, probably.  Should I be concerned about the brass or just move on?
New .32 Lapua S&WL Case Split!  PIC Case_s10

beeser

Back to top Go down

New .32 Lapua S&WL Case Split!  PIC Empty Re: New .32 Lapua S&WL Case Split! PIC

Post by Jon Eulette 3/24/2021, 6:52 pm

You might double check what the correct Star expander diameter is. I helped a friend setup a Star in 32 long and that darn thing was a BEAR with some brass. So brand is important for diameter of the expander. My limited experience anyhow. I would check with Bruce at Star.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

New .32 Lapua S&WL Case Split!  PIC Empty Re: New .32 Lapua S&WL Case Split! PIC

Post by bruce martindale 3/24/2021, 7:44 pm

New brass is sticky and needs to be lubed. One way is the One Shot aerosol that has an evaporative solvent that doesnt leave the inside oily. Maybe you only need to lube the occaisional case with oil and a q tip? You could also tumble them in media. I hear of these problems with washing and I recall car wash soap added helps.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 3/24/2021, 7:44 pm

It's also like a Chinese finger trap, the more you pull, the tighter the shell grips.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by beeser 3/26/2021, 11:07 am

Jon Eulette wrote:You might double check what the correct Star expander diameter is. I helped a friend setup a Star in 32 long and that darn thing was a BEAR with some brass. So brand is important for diameter of the expander. My limited experience anyhow. I would check with Bruce at Star.
Jon

Yes, Bruce recommended a slightly smaller expander.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down