Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you use to put oil your pistol

+4
Yiogo
JLK
#1texan
Toz35m
8 posters

Go down

What do you use to put oil your pistol Empty What do you use to put oil your pistol

Post by Toz35m Fri May 17, 2013 5:58 pm

I have had a device I picked up online to oil my 45 for a number of years and it has started to leak. I need a new one.

I wonder if anyone has a great solution.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

What do you use to put oil your pistol Empty Re: What do you use to put oil your pistol

Post by #1texan Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 pm

I use a Hoppe's needle oiler, works great gets into small places and you end up using less oil then a regular oiler.

#1texan

Back to top Go down

What do you use to put oil your pistol Empty Re: What do you use to put oil your pistol

Post by JLK Sat May 18, 2013 4:10 am

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/shop-accessories-supplies/liquid-squeeze-bottles/needle-oiler-bottles-prod44434.aspx
JLK
JLK

Back to top Go down

Post by Yiogo Sat May 18, 2013 5:25 am

I take a half dozen q tips in a plastic bag or other container to a match. Sometimes with Ballistol sprayed on them. Sometimes not. Yiogo

Yiogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Taroman Sun May 19, 2013 11:06 pm

What do you use to put oil your pistol Wilson-combat-ultima-lube1
I just use Wilson Combat lubricants in their very handy applicator bottles.
Taroman
Taroman

Back to top Go down

Post by bking Mon May 20, 2013 12:57 pm

I use a plastic bellows bottle with a needle on it- I bought several of them at an art store for gluing architectural models. Often they're sold at woodworking stores too. Like this

http://www.amazon.com/Rockler-Precision-Applicators-Squeeze-Pack/dp/B001EZV07M/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1369079291&sr=8-13&keywords=glue+syringe

bking

Back to top Go down

Post by xringshooter Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 pm

I use a needle oiler I got from bullseyegear.com. I fill it with Gunzilla, but you can use any lubricant you desire. It comes with a syringe grease applicator as well (a twofer). The people there are extremely helpful and quick to ship. Excellent company.

xringshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ OR Tue May 21, 2013 8:27 pm

The 1 oz liquid Remoil bottles. - As is possibly--or-I snip part of the nozzle off the top- Press a 1"± piece of the tubing (prefer clear) that comes with many gun oils/sprays thru the nozzle from the bottom. -No cap to loose-press the extended nozzle to the side for shut off. --I also clip off the nozzle guard tab.
I have 0/20w synythetic motor oil in mine-for now(recommended by John?).

Use the 1 oz of Remoil for something other than lubing match pistols. Russ OR

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down