Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to replace the extractor on a Hämmerli X-esse Sport?

3 posters

Go down

How to replace the extractor on a Hämmerli X-esse Sport? Empty How to replace the extractor on a Hämmerli X-esse Sport?

Post by valbern67 7/3/2021, 1:11 am

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to instructions or explain how to replace the extractor on the X-Esse Sport?

Thanks!

Val

alien
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

How to replace the extractor on a Hämmerli X-esse Sport? Empty Re: How to replace the extractor on a Hämmerli X-esse Sport?

Post by SilentAssassin 7/3/2021, 3:18 am

I have not worked on a hammerli before.
On many .22 semi autos there are three parts.
The extractor
The Extractor plunger
and a spring.

If you do this wrong, your spring and plunger can shoot across a room never to be seen again.
So if you've never done this before,  do it in a box, or a giant ziplock bag.

Ruger has a firing pin retainer " Pin"
Browning retains of its own design.
Like I said I never did a hammerli but it can't be much different.

You have to disengage the plunger from the extractor using a dental pick or small punch holding the spring and plunger back.
You may have to hold the extractor out as far as you can to get a bite on the plunger and spring in order to move the plunger back......which is what gives it the ability to go sailing across the room if you inadvertently let go of your pressure.
Three hands can be helpful  , but you only have two.
The extractor should then fall out, or tweezers to pull it out. Then slowly release pressure of your plunger and it and the spring will come out.

I believe they call it a plunger because that's what it does. It plunges across the room.
I am in no way advocating that you do this because if something goes wrong, you'll be cursing me until the cows come home.

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

How to replace the extractor on a Hämmerli X-esse Sport? Empty Re: How to replace the extractor on a Hämmerli X-esse Sport?

Post by jglenn21 7/3/2021, 10:44 pm

Remove the slide.  Drive the pin out that the extractor pivots on while holding the extractor on the outis3de. You can place the slide on a piece of wood with a 1/4" hole to hold the pin as it comes out

Once out, the extractor and spring will come out.  Just slowly release pressure on it.

To reassemble:
Hold the new extractor and spring in place while you put the pin back and drive it back through the hole while holding the extractir hole lined up. A slave pin or punch can help keep it all aligned while you drive it back in place. 

Easier than it sounds.  The pistols have a habit of chipping the tip of the extractor

Last edited by jglenn21 on 7/3/2021, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
jglenn21
jglenn21

valbern67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 7/3/2021, 10:45 pm

If its like the older trailside, the pin is a roll pin..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down