Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total newbie here

+3
straybrit
jimsteele
fn257
7 posters

Go down

Total newbie here Empty Total newbie here

Post by fn257 11/4/2021, 10:35 pm

Just joined and wanting to learn about bullseye shooting. I have shot and collected 1911’s for years and shot IPSC in the ‘90’s. I collect Springfield Armory .45’s. I just recently had the opportunity to buy two custom shop guns. One is a hardball gun and the other is a wadcutter gun. I want to learn about and maybe start shooting bullseye, being old and disabled I can’t play that run and gun game anymore. One of the first things I need help with is to find a Bomar sight rib without the tuner. The wadcutter gun had a red dot sight mounted on it but it came from Springfield with a Bomar rib. I bought one off EBay but it is the one with a tuner which I don’t need. Hole patterns are different also. Life lessons sometimes cost a person if you are not knowledgeable about things. So if anyone has a standard rib for sale or would trade for one with a tuner please let me know. Any help on this issue is much appreciated. Looking forward to checking the site out and gaining some knowledge. Any shoots near Waxahachie Texas?

fn257

Back to top Go down

Total newbie here Empty Re: Total newbie here

Post by jimsteele 11/5/2021, 6:41 am

Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with sights or Texas information ( me being from way easr coast ), and using red dot scopes. I can tell you that Precision Pistol is an addictive sport, But it is a rewarding sport also if you put the time and effort into it.
   Being old, and disabled is not going to help you in your journey from Marksman to Master classifications. So you might have to set your expectations a bit lower. I know I have, now that I'm 80 years old. But we can enjoy the trip.

jimsteele

fn257 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit 11/5/2021, 10:46 am

Dallas Pistol Club have a monthly match run by Joe Cawthon (joedaddyinc@hotmail.com)
Austin Rifle Club have a monthly match run by Sam Miller (sam556@gmail.com)

They both run excellent matches and there will be lots of advice and help on offer.

If you want to go further afield Bayou Rifle club in Houston also have a monthly match (bullseye@bayourifles.org)

straybrit

fn257 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by xman 11/5/2021, 1:26 pm

Go to this FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1047546058724333

It is called Texas Precision Pistol Network. Also go the the NRA Shooting Sports USA competition calendar. It a PDF linked file near the back of the online magazine. It is updated on or about the first of the month.

https://www.ssusa.org/coming-events

https://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/ssusa_202111/index.php
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 11/5/2021, 4:53 pm

Sent you a private message reference the Bomar sight rib.

Allen Barnett

fn257 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fn257 11/7/2021, 4:57 pm

Thanks for the info, gives me something to study and research. I have been out of town with bad reception sorry for the late reply.
jimstille I have no delusions of grandeur for this effort lol.
straybrit I shot at DPC in the 90’s. Will have to check this out.
xman thanks, will check this info out.

fn257

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalanche 11/18/2021, 1:14 pm

fn257 wrote:Just joined and wanting to learn about bullseye shooting. I have shot and collected 1911’s for years and shot IPSC in the ‘90’s. I collect Springfield Armory .45’s. I just recently had the opportunity to buy two custom shop guns. One is a hardball gun and the other is a wadcutter gun. I want to learn about and maybe start shooting bullseye, being old and disabled I can’t play that run and gun game anymore. One of the first things I need help with is to find a Bomar sight rib without the tuner. The wadcutter gun had a red dot sight mounted on it but it came from Springfield with a Bomar rib. I bought one off EBay but it is the one with a tuner which I don’t need. Hole patterns are different also. Life lessons sometimes cost a person if you are not knowledgeable about things. So if anyone has a standard rib for sale or would trade for one with a tuner please let me know. Any help on this issue is much appreciated. Looking forward to checking the site out and gaining some knowledge. Any shoots near Waxahachie Texas?

Good to have you on board. We have knowledgeable fellow all around here. Here is a great place to learn new things

Avalanche

Back to top Go down

Total newbie here Empty Welcome

Post by Drawman623 12/19/2021, 9:51 am

I knew a disabled fellow who picked up on bullseye as a means to enjoy marksmanship from a static posture.  I think he became a national champion. Enjoy the sport.  Sky’s the limit. 

Will send a pm about the rib

Drawman623

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down