Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match

+3
Ed Hall
chopper
hammerli
7 posters

Go down

Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match Empty Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match

Post by hammerli 1/6/2022, 7:22 am

I have a very old Walther CP2 Match CO2 pistol. I used it a lot during the 90s with great results. The arrival of compressed air pistol ended the use of CO2 pistols. I used this for holding and dry fire exercises and realised that the trigger is PERFECT.
I am now considering reactivaitng this old pistol but cannot find any seals and O rings for the cylinders and the action.

Any ideas, leads greatly appreciated.

hammerli

Back to top Go down

Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match Empty Re: Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match

Post by chopper 1/6/2022, 9:04 am

I have a Steyr LP-1 and I like CO2 also. As far as O rings give Pilkington a call at 931-924-3400, they can help you a lot.
 Stan

chopper

bruce martindale likes this post

Back to top Go down

Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match Empty Re: Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match

Post by Ed Hall 1/6/2022, 9:28 am

Earl's Repair Service, Inc. has (or at least had) all the seals for my CP2, but I found the prices too high for my financial status.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 1/6/2022, 12:25 pm

Greetings,

I "believe" you need Urethane O-rings.

Do you have the original manual? Mine shows the O-ring sizes.

Next, a trip to the local hydraulic store is in order.

The color can be deceiving. Green can be either Urethane or Viton. Depends on who made them.

Judith Billharz, in Germany has many CP2 parts. Caution, she ships to the USA via DHL and it is pricey.

The advantage of buying from a Walther dealer is that you get the correct item. i.e. material and hardness.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match Empty Walther CP2 Match CO2 pistol - seals

Post by handcycle 1/6/2022, 2:47 pm

hammerli wrote:I have a very old Walther CP2 Match CO2 pistol. I used it a lot during the 90s with great results. The arrival of compressed air pistol ended the use of CO2 pistols. I used this for holding and dry fire exercises and realised that the trigger is PERFECT.
I am now considering reactivaitng this old pistol but cannot find any seals and O rings for the cylinders and the action.

I had such a difficult times looking for the same ( seal kits ) that I finally gave up and sold my CP2.
The seal kit I bought online didn't work and leaks. The Walther site in Germany took forever to reply and we continued to have  communication issue...
I think CO2 guns are not popular now as compressed airguns are replacing them. Dealers are not very excited whenever they received inquires.
I even sold my 20+ year-old CO2 tank when I sold my Walther.
Any way, good luck and don't give up Wink)
handcycle
handcycle

Back to top Go down

Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match Empty Walther CP2 Match update

Post by hammerli 5/9/2023, 8:05 am

handcycle wrote:
hammerli wrote:I have a very old Walther CP2 Match CO2 pistol. I used it a lot during the 90s with great results. The arrival of compressed air pistol ended the use of CO2 pistols. I used this for holding and dry fire exercises and realised that the trigger is PERFECT.

I had such a difficult times looking for the same ( seal kits ) that I finally gave up and sold my CP2.
The seal kit I bought online didn't work and leaks. The Walther site in Germany took forever to reply and we continued to have  communication issue...
I think CO2 guns are not popular now as compressed airguns are replacing them. Dealers are not very excited whenever they received inquires.
I even sold my 20+ year-old CO2 tank when I sold my Walther.
Any way, good luck and don't give up Wink)
So after much looking for spares I decided to open up the cylinder to replace the seals. The cylinder just wont open. I tried fitting this in a lathe and even took it to a machinist. The cylinder wont open. Even tried applying a little heat but no luck. Any ideas on how to open this cylinder? Thank you for even thinking of this

hammerli

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 5/9/2023, 2:28 pm

As an aside, l love co2! There's only two disadvantages; extreme heat or cold with a full cylinder. Cold suppresses the saturation temperatures such that one shot can release the full cylinder. Heat can pop the safety but half full gives many shots and protects against overpressure. I would email Buck or Scott at Pilkguns.com and see what they say about both parts and disassembly ( potential corrosion?). Oh if there's any cylinder pressure present, you won't get it apart.

Good luck my friend. Did you find anyone to "Do the needful"

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz 5/9/2023, 6:45 pm

I shortened my cylinders to get a better balance. The threads are an interference fit & I "lightly" tried to use an allen wrench on the brass fitting to get it apart using a 5C collet. Didn't work, so I wouldn't recommend trying to take the cylinder apart.

For those interested: I skim cut the OD until I could just see the brass threads. Then single pointed the metric threads into the shorter cylinder. Holds more than enough for a 60 shot match.

Seals and "O" rings for Walther CP2 Match Img_1110

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down