Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini vs. S&W 41

+4
RoyDean
BE Mike
Coupebuilder
Ljohns
8 posters

Go down

Pardini vs. S&W 41 Empty Pardini vs. S&W 41

Post by Ljohns Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:12 pm

I bought a Pardini SP several years ago. I shot a nice S&W Model 41 before that. Clark barrel, trigger work and target grip.

I took the Pardini in to the distributer (they are local here in Tampa) yesterday for it's annual tune up. I should get it back in a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, I took the S&W to the range today. What a difference. I used to think the S&W was a great bullseye pistol and it probably is. But, after shooting the Pardini almost exclusively for the last several years I could really tell the difference. The only modification I have done to the Pardini is replace the factory grip with a custom grip with the 1911 grip angle. That 2 stage trigger and 2lb. trigger pull on the Pardini make me a much better shot.

If any of you are on the fence about buying a Pardini pistol I would encourage you to go ahead and do it. I don't think you will be sorry.

Lloyd 
Ljohns
Ljohns

88keys and Coupebuilder like this post

Back to top Go down

Pardini vs. S&W 41 Empty Not for some of us.....

Post by Coupebuilder Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:38 pm

Been trying to find an FFL who will let me get away with one but so far no luck, here in NY its a super scary verboten assault weapon. Ya know, one of those 2800.00 pistols you see the rappers use in their videos all the time /s

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Pardini vs. S&W 41 Empty Re: Pardini vs. S&W 41

Post by BE Mike Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:34 am

Coupebuilder wrote:Been trying to find an FFL who will let me get away with one but so far no luck, here in NY its a super scary verboten assault weapon. Ya know, one of those 2800.00 pistols you see the rappers use in their videos all the time /s
Sounds like you need to put a bug in the ear of your state association to push for exemptions to the law for such target pistols. I think even California did that.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupebuilder Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:06 pm

There have been MULTIPLE discussion here on the forum about that and people much more knowledgeable and connected than myself have been trying for some time. But it makes me feel safe to know Ill never worry about having to encounter a scary 70 something year old with a Pardini in a back alley trying to mug me /s

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:21 pm

Edited

Last edited by RoyDean on Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:56 am

There's a Partini for sale about 90 min away from me at what I think is a reasonable price.  But I'd feel embarrassed to show up with one at my recreational .22 league unless I was a better shooter.

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:44 am

Hey HG401..........

You shouldn't be embarrassed if you have the means and desire to purchase a pardini, just go buy it and enjoy it.  

When I am on the line I could care less what my fellow competitors are using, we are all there to have fun and enjoy the competition.  

Who knows, maybe owning the pardini will encourage you to go back to the basics, the fundamentals, and practice to that you feel accomplished enough to own a pardini.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Jwhelan939, saidentary and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:35 pm

hg401 wrote:There's a Partini for sale about 90 min away from me at what I think is a reasonable price.  But I'd feel embarrassed to show up with one at my recreational .22 league unless I was a better shooter.
Think of it this way, maybe purchasing a Pardini or any other high end pistol will help your scores.  Many shooters start out with a lower end pistol because they feel they don't have the skills to warrant a better pistol.

Well how about this, if you are shooting a pistol that is not so great, then certainly your scores aren't going to be so great.  In my opinion(which is not worth much)purchase the best pistol you can afford and never look back.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:44 pm

No different than a 70 yo that buys a turbo porsche because he always wanted one.

WesG

saidentary likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:14 pm

WesG wrote:No different than a 70 yo that buys a turbo porsche because he always wanted one.
Maybe a little different, hg401 is actively shooting and wanting to improve.  A 70 year old buying a Porsche because he always wanted one, does not mean he aspires to drive it to it's capabilities.

Last edited by BruceV on Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:23 pm

BruceV wrote:
WesG wrote:No different than a 70 yo that buys a turbo porsche because he always wanted one.
Maybe a little different, hg401 is actively shooting and wanting to improve.  A 70 year old buying a Porsche because he always wanted one, does not mean he aspires to drive it's capabilities.

And I don't have a comb over.

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down