Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xesse trigger

4 posters

Go down

Xesse trigger Empty Xesse trigger

Post by Sc0 2/26/2022, 2:14 pm

Comparing Larry's trigger to the OEM Xesse SF trigger, is the only difference just the material of the trigger itself?

I dislike the reset stroke needed on the trigger after breaking the shot but also haven't tried the trigger adjusting screws.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Xesse trigger Empty Re: Xesse trigger

Post by TicTocer 2/26/2022, 10:57 pm

There is a good range of adjustment in the latest X-Esse trigger. Read up on the process. Or find someone with experience in adjusting..
The trigger may adjust to your liking. They triggers .I have a late long and a SF IPSC.The two triggers are not adjusted the same. Cannot decide which I like better.

TicTocer

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 2/27/2022, 10:03 am

difference in material is about the only thing although Larrys has a trigger stop screw that limits the overall travel..I never used it as the 2nd stage adjustment screw(one in the frame) serves as a stop by itself. 

I'd suggest adding more 1st stage weight and lowering the second stage to reduce the feel of a long reset. the overall trigger pull is rather long though..not much you can do with that. the frontmost screw on the trigger sets you sear takeup. I'd suggest not adjusting it closer than say .010 on the trigger bar to sear arm clearance.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 3/12/2022, 7:01 pm

Ok, looks like the mentioned Larry trigger had an adjustment for first stage pull whereas the Xesse stock trigger does not. Did Larry's sear face modification which helped.
Xesse trigger Screen10

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/12/2022, 7:50 pm

Yes, Larry's trigger has a first stage weight screw, in addition to slack and overtravel limits. It added an adjustable second stage plunger as well.

His sear modification makes for a crisper release, but it also reduces the engagement distance, so it adds two improvements in fact. He truly understood what he designed and sold.

You can't really adjust the reset length in the X-Esse design, but if you've done the sear mod, take up all the slack you can with the "front" screw. As JGlenn mentions, don't take it below a hair, or the trigger won't reset at all, and the sear may drag on the hammer.
-TT-
-TT-

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down