Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield Armory Browning Hi Power SA-35

+7
NukeMMC
shanneba
BE Mike
Wobbley
JIMPGOV
TonyH
mikemyers
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Springfield Armory Browning Hi Power SA-35 - Page 2 Empty Springfield Armory Browning Hi Power SA-35

Post by mikemyers Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know it's not a Bullseye gun, but for something enjoyable to shoot 9mm, any thoughts on this gun?

It's very affordable, and Springfield has a pretty good name.  This fellow loves it.  But the targets he shot at were not very far away.....
I sort of wanted one, from long ago, but I kept talking myself out of any idea of buying one.  

You guys have any opinion on it?

(If I go to the range with my 22, 38, or 45 guns, every range visit feels "important".  With my Black Powder gun, I can just relax and shoot.  I thoroughly enjoy my revolvers, for the same reason, I'm not feeling "competitive" when I shoot them.  That's what I thought my Taurus PT92-AFS would be like, but I don't enjoy shooting it - the trigger feels all wrong to me, even after I've sort of gotten used to it.  I think I should sell it, and replace it with the SA-35, which has a more exciting history.)
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Springfield Armory Browning Hi Power SA-35 - Page 2 Empty Re: Springfield Armory Browning Hi Power SA-35

Post by Sc0 Sun May 08, 2022 11:27 pm

Best I can think of is possibly the barrel heats up and is binding with the slide, more lubrication? Slide going back to full lockup after chambering a round? Maybe not impossible, maybe galling due to poor heat treating?

Mute point now, hopefully Springfield Armory will figure it out for you.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Springfield Armory Browning Hi Power SA-35 - Page 2 Empty Re: Springfield Armory Browning Hi Power SA-35

Post by mikemyers Mon May 09, 2022 2:31 am

I plan to call Springfield later today, and tell them to replace the gun.  Who knows what else has been damaged by all this.  It's been happening over and over since I bought it, and it's now back with them yet again.  Who knows what might break in the future, when it won't be covered by any warranty, because of all this?  

I'm now thinking of it as a "lemon".  My enthusiasm has vanished.  I wrote an email to both Springfield, and the store where I bought the gun.  I think my best bet is to simply return the gun, and get my money back.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sun May 15, 2022 7:46 pm

JIMPGOV wrote:......ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE; THE TRIGGER IS HORRIBLE. UPON EXAMINATION I CAN SEE THE SEAR AND HAMMER ARE BOTH COMPLETELY PARKERIZED. ......
Suggestion - if you haven't already fixed it,  call Springfield Customer Support.  The trigger in my gun is excellent, and most reports say very good things about the trigger.   Give them a call, describe the issue, and they will probably send you a FedEx return label.

I had, and have, my own issues, but they re-assured me they will take care of them.

-mike
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:10 pm

Talk about frustrating.   I called Springfield Customer Support yesterday, to find out the status of my gun.  The first two things I learned, were that the technicians could not find any problem, and that they had fired roughly 30 rounds.  They apparently never read my write-up of how to get the problem to appear.

I told the support person that I did not want that gun back, as I'm not going to go through this whole process for a third time.  I told him that I know it has a problem, I know a way to get the problem to appear (shoot a lot of rounds until the grouping opens up, then continue to shoot and see it get worse, and then put a finger in the end of the barrel and feel how it wobbles around as if there was no barrel bushing.

The support fellow asked what I would like them to do, and I told him that I was almost sorry I bought the gun at all, and they could replace it with a Springfield 1911 Target Match gun - but not only did he not want to do that, I didn't really want that gun anyway.  So I told him what I wanted them to do, was replace this gun with a new replacement.  I almost said, either that, or refund my money.  Bottom line, he agreed that Springfield would replace my gun with a new SA-35.  I am to call him back in a week, and if it's not yet ready, the following week.

It bothers me that I will never know what the problem was, because they never tried to do what I said would cause the problem to show up.  To me, either the barrel or the frame is defective - either the barrel is shrinking, which is impossible, or the frame is opening up, which might happen if there was a crack in the frame.  Nobody has offered any other possible explanation.

I might call the shop I bought it from, and complain - I paid extra $$ to get it sooner, but as of today, I still don't have a working gun.  It's not "their" fault, but I think they should refund me the amount I paid over and above the factory selling price.  Maybe Monday.  ....or, I'll just write it off as an "experience".  :-(    ......I still do want the gun, but I never expected all this trouble.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2