Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition

+11
rburk
Bangarang
LenV
Amanda4461
rich.tullo
troystaten
fc60
WesG
shanneba
bruce martindale
mikemyers
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition - Page 2 Empty Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition

Post by mikemyers 6/23/2022, 8:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Over the years, a lot of people have used the S&W Model 41 for bullseye competition.  If I remember correctly, that' what it was designed for.  For those of you with good memories, I have two questions.

1 - Which barrel got the most usage, the 5 inch "bull" barrel, or the 7" barrel?

2 - A friend of mine tells me he has a barrel weight for the 7" barrel, similar to the weight used on the S&W Model 52, but apparently S&W made several styles of barrel weiighs.  What was the reason for doing so?

The photo below is my gun, with Altamont Rosewood stocks - I still have the original S&W stocks, and two "ergonomic" wrap-around stocks, neither of which fits my hand.  The slot in the barrel near the end is apparently how the barrel weight is attached.  I've also got a Clark barrel with a 1" Ultradot on top, but I wanted to try out open sights.

Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition - Page 2 Img_6111
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition

Post by Jack H 5/23/2024, 11:59 am

Grip tape on the 41 slide front works great
Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition - Page 2 IMG-0091-1
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: Two questions about the use of the S&W Model 41 in Bullseye Competition

Post by Sa-tevp 5/23/2024, 7:19 pm

I first saw front slide serrations on a S&W M41 while shooting Standard Pistol next to Herschel Anderson. I was convinced that front slide serrations must be worth at least 93 points in a ten shot string.  Cool
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 5/23/2024, 9:33 pm

Sa-tevp wrote:I first saw front slide serrations on a S&W M41 while shooting Standard Pistol next to Herschel Anderson. I was convinced that front slide serrations must be worth at least 93 points in a ten shot string.  Cool

The secret is out!

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2