Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line)

+5
RoyDean
john bickar
SteveT
chopper
Orion
9 posters

Go down

Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line) Empty Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line)

Post by Orion Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:06 pm

Where can I purchase something to use as a pistol rest? I've seen some shooters use this on the line - placing the pistol on an object while keeping the arm straight, rather than keeping the arm straight and relaxing the pistol onto the bench. Thanks.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line) Empty Re: Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line)

Post by chopper Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:42 pm

Any little box or a block of wood works. It also keeps your wrist straight and not bent, I started using one this year.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line) Empty Re: Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line)

Post by SteveT Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:40 pm

I rolled a hand towel around a wood dowel which ended up about 2.5" diam. If the bench is low, I put it on an ammo box or two. I've seen some nice wooden blocks, but I don't recall seeing or hearing about something to buy.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:13 am

Custom, bespoke, adjustable built-for-purpose pistol rest. Yours for only $12.95.
john bickar
john bickar

Orion, chopper and willnewton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:47 am

Jeez, John, is whatever it is you are smoking tonight legal in CA?

RoyDean

willnewton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:12 am

I rest my arms across my box with the wrists at the front edge.  The height of this is up to you.  My wrists are free.  The gun held with a proper two hand grip.  I might bring it back a little to set the butt on top of the pistol box. 
This was done that way:
Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line) Ruger1a-Jan08  It works for me...
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:21 am

RoyDean wrote:Jeez, John, is whatever it is you are smoking tonight legal in CA?

LOL!  I think John’s idea is pretty good.  I have a beanbag style rifle rest not quite as big as a lunch box, but it is still bulky and heavy.  Those guitar footrests are strong, but light and fold flat.  It would be perfect to slide into your shooting bag or box.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:17 am

john bickar wrote:Custom, bespoke, adjustable built-for-purpose pistol rest. Yours for only $12.95.

Pedal board works! Its adjustable.. Good recommendation. Thanks.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsalt444 Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:26 pm

RoyDean wrote:Jeez, John, is whatever it is you are smoking tonight legal in CA?

Anything like that is legal in Commiefornia; it's most guns that aren't. LOL! Pistol Rest (on bench on firing line) 2309170423
oldsalt444
oldsalt444

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:29 pm

I’ve been huffing a lot of 452AA smoke lately. Legal, for now.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by dieselguy624 Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:29 am

I cut a short piece of 6" dia. PVC pipe in half lengthwise and glued a piece of mouse pad or neoprene to it.  Works well and doesn't take up a lot of room in your box.

dieselguy624

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down