Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help putting together a new build with a marvel

+2
NuJudge
DIDON1972
6 posters

Go down

Help putting together a new build with a marvel Empty Help putting together a new build with a marvel

Post by DIDON1972 Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:18 pm

Hello, Im new to the bullseye world and in the process of putting together a dedicated 22lr pistol. I recently ordered a Marvel aluminum unit 1 w/combo rail. Im looking into purchasing a 1911 that will pair nicely with the Marvel. Theres so many 1911 manufacturers and just dont know which direction to go. Obviously I would love to have a great trigger out of the box that i dont need to send off to have work done, a good matching finish, and one that has proven reliability utilizing the marvel aluminum conversion. Not looking to spend crazy money like a wilson,nighthawk etc.. just something that should work great. Thanks for any input.

DIDON1972

Back to top Go down

Help putting together a new build with a marvel Empty Re: Help putting together a new build with a marvel

Post by NuJudge Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:26 pm

Until recently, I believe there was a strong consensus to go with a SA Range Officer and have it tightened as described in a sticky.  
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t3913-accuracy-upgrade-to-the-range-officer-45  
I did this and am quite happy.  
You should be able to find a new or nearly so RO for sale here or on GunBroker..

You can equip the RO with a Full Length Guide Rod to speed the change of uppers with the Marvel.  

SA stopped making the RO.  The general replacement is the Garrison, which has fixed Novak rear sight.  There are several threads on an adjustable sight that is at least close to fitting the Novak footprint.  
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t19670-springfield-armory-s-garrison-suitable-replacement-for-range-officer?highlight=Garrison  
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t18488-springfield-1911-garrison?highlight=Garrison

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Help putting together a new build with a marvel Empty Re: Help putting together a new build with a marvel

Post by javaduke Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:36 pm

Where are you located? If anywhere in Arizona, I might be able to help you. Strictly IMHO, a better option would be to purchase a frame and all necessary parts and build a dedicated lower for your .22 conversion.  I could be wrong but this is what I would do.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:16 pm

DIDON1972 wrote:Hello, Im new to the bullseye world and in the process of putting together a dedicated 22lr pistol. I recently ordered a Marvel aluminum unit 1 w/combo rail. Im looking into purchasing a 1911 that will pair nicely with the Marvel.
IMHO, everything depends on how much hands on you want to have.  If you can take Javaduke up on his offer - that would be a good option.  If you are not in AZ, and this is your first foray into BE, and yet you want some lasting effect before going with full custom build by BE Gunsmith (i.e. Jon Eulette, Mike Curtis to name couple) I suggest looking into Rock River Arms for purchasing frame for your Marvel and pairing it with semi-custom 1911 from the same company.  RRA has very nice 15 LPI front strap checkering option for their lowers, and that is not being offered TMBK by any other manufacturer.  There are two members on this forum that can assist you with procuring frame and facilitating order for 1911 in 45ACP.

For the sake of disclosure, I am not one of the two.  And I have no financial interest of any kind.  If none of them chime in on your thread or PM you, I'll be happy to connect you.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:22 pm

I have experience with conversions on commercial guns (Springfield Range officers, colts, ect), custom built by a smith, and lowers I have built myself. Each option is valid on paper but may not be the best for you. The biggest downside of a using commercial gun is that it is not optimized for the function of the conversion and the trigger likely is not ideal. The build your own lower method can take trial and error, and does require some knowledge of how to fit parts. A custom built lower by a smith is more expensive but you should be rewarded with excellent craftsmanship and reliability.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by DIDON1972 Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:33 pm

anyone have experience woth the FCW lower?

DIDON1972

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:02 pm

Since he's the guy making the Marvel conversion now, it's pretty likely his lower will work for you.
I've no personal experience with his frames, but I have had his help with fixing my mistakes with his conversions.
I believe he does good work and gives direct support at Perry.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down