Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMP Classification Card Explanation

3 posters

Go down

CMP Classification Card Explanation Empty CMP Classification Card Explanation

Post by Rla442 Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:22 am

I've been out of bullseye shooting for about ten years. I started back up about a year ago and shot a couple local matches then went to Canton and Camp Perry for the Regionals and Nationals. I just received my CMP classification card and there are three entries on the classification card: 
Pistol: Expert w/Ave Score 80
Rimfire Pistol: Expert w/Ave Score 84.5
Match Pistol: Sharpshooter w/Ave score 88.22. 

The Match Pistol classification has a higher score average than the Expert classifications. I'm not even sure what the Match Pistol is. Could I just shoot the Expert class across the board?

Rla442

Back to top Go down

CMP Classification Card Explanation Empty Re: CMP Classification Card Explanation

Post by Wobbley Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:58 am

Match pistol essentially is 22, CF, and 45 (wadgun) combined.  “Pistol” is really “Service pistol”.  This is why 80 is an “Expert” score while other types of pistol are higher.

I believe it is possible to shoot in a higher than held classification, same as NRA.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

CMP Classification Card Explanation Empty Re: CMP Classification Card Explanation

Post by chiz1180 Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:30 pm

Talk with the match director when you sign up. The current CMP rules do not specify if you can elect to shoot in a higher classification (3.11 CMP Pistol 2022 page 29).
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down