Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli Main Spring, How to Change

3 posters

Go down

Hammerli Main Spring, How to Change Empty Hammerli Main Spring, How to Change

Post by Orion 1/2/2023, 1:17 pm

I'm getting a lot of misfires on my Hammerli International. As per a few people's recommendation it's quite possibly the mainspring just needs to be replaced. Can anyone guide me on replacing it? I can't immediately see how to remove the mainspring as the pin/post that's in the middle of the spring is stiff and won't budge. I'm assuming I need to release the tension on this pin/post while the hammer is not cocked? Any help would be appreciated.

Hammerli Main Spring, How to Change 9-E981-F5-D-E308-43-F1-8-C00-A0-A82-E8-E141-C
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Hammerli Main Spring, How to Change Empty Re: Hammerli Main Spring, How to Change

Post by jglenn21 1/2/2023, 1:27 pm

The stamped piece that the bottom of the mainspring is pushing on simply lifts up and out of a slot in the frame. Grab it by the bottom and push up
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Hammerli Main Spring, How to Change Empty Re: Hammerli Main Spring, How to Change

Post by Orion 1/2/2023, 1:40 pm

jglenn21 wrote:The stamped piece that the bottom of the mainspring is pushing on simply lifts up and out of a slot in the frame. Grab it by the bottom and push up

Replaced. Thanks!

The replacement spring has two more coils than the original. When assembled after replacement, the slide feels tighter coming back to the front. Could this have any effect on accuracy?
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 1/2/2023, 5:38 pm

Only function  maybe

As a side note the exesse shares the same mainspring and FP spring as the 208/215
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 1/6/2023, 11:22 am

Try replacing the firing pin also, they may look good but if you are still getting light strikes check that as well it is a easy fix.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down