Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There has been an "incident": Decorum and conduct on the Bullseye-L

+4
Bigtrout
john bickar
Black_Talon
Founder
8 posters

Go down

There has been an "incident": Decorum and conduct on the Bullseye-L  Empty There has been an "incident": Decorum and conduct on the Bullseye-L

Post by Founder Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:59 pm

First, I want to express my gratitude for the great input that gets shared with this community by true masters and experts of this sport on this forum. It's this expert insight that helps new competitors to grow in our competitive pistol sport.

The administrators and I expect gracious and polite acceptance of the advice from the experts who share their knowledge on this forum. 

Impolite comments, argumentative trolling, and circular arguments will not be tolerated!! The impersonal, aggressive garbage you see on Facebook and Twitter has no place here. Our community is small and we don't have room for that.

All members should be advised to check their egos at the door. In my experience, the most masterful advisors are the most gracious. They don't have anything to prove as they have attained the pinnacle of achievement in our community. 

Counterarguments against these gems of wisdom are extremely counterproductive to new shooters who aren't sure what advice they need to succeed.

If you aren't a masterful expert on a topic that you are tempted to comment about, just don't comment. Unfiltered opinions are poisonous to the member trying to find their way.

I did some cleanup on the forum to eliminate the offending posts that I was aware of. Let's not publicly gossip about such instances.  However, I encourage instances of unacceptable behavior to be sent to the administrators via the "contact" function in the bottom banner. Please include a link to the specific post.

Offenders will be handled as best we can.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Allgoodhits, Arthur, lakemurrayman, sayracin, Dan Webb and samtoast like this post

Back to top Go down

There has been an "incident": Decorum and conduct on the Bullseye-L  Empty Re: There has been an "incident": Decorum and conduct on the Bullseye-L

Post by Black_Talon Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:29 pm

I looked for a 'report post" button for that thread last night but didn't find one. Does that feature not exist on this form software?
Black_Talon
Black_Talon

Back to top Go down

There has been an "incident": Decorum and conduct on the Bullseye-L  Empty Re: There has been an "incident": Decorum and conduct on the Bullseye-L

Post by Founder Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:51 pm

The little triangle next to "quote-edit-delete" has that function. If your profile or browser doesn't have that, the "contact" function at the bottom of every page will email every moderator.

Last edited by Founder on Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:31 pm

Thanks for your, Will's, James's, and others' work in keeping things civil around here.
john bickar
john bickar

Founder, kc.crawford.7, ric1911a1, Fotomaniac, Allgoodhits, TonyH, Dan Webb and RADJAG like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:35 am

Thanks Founder for attempting to stifle silly contentious posts.  They add nothing to the betterment of our sport.
Dave
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

ric1911a1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:33 am

Thank you Rob and all the moderators! and thank you to the 99.9% of members who maintain one of the only "social media" sites that has remained valuable and civil for years.

One thing though, I think Shootingsights post describing exactly what lenses do and how to select your lens should be a sticky. That is an example of the incredible value of this forum.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20821p25-glasses-for-bullseye#179755
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

chopper, swissyhawk, 301bruce, DA/SA, djperry2, Arthur, SingleActionAndrew and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:38 pm

Thanks for your work overall to keep this forum going, and enjoyable. 

Best regards, 
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by JTod Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:23 pm

Glad to join a moderated forum and appreciate the effort!

JTod

Back to top Go down

Post by FimRire RongLifle Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:00 am

I just updated my signature with my first name. sorry I was unaware of the tradition.
FimRire RongLifle
FimRire RongLifle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down