Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired

+14
Rotwang
FimRire RongLifle
Wobbley
GME
jyl
sbtzc
james r chapman
RodJ
DA/SA
WillH
Tripscape
SteveT
Merick
jshank
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired - Page 2 Empty Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired

Post by jshank 2/10/2023, 11:22 am

First topic message reminder :

I have an indoor range set up for 10-meter air pistols.

Has anyone had experience using a wifi camera to display the target shots on a laptop next to my shooting bench?  With such a setup I could instantaneously see results without having to stop and look through my spotting scope

jshank

Back to top Go down

Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired

Post by FimRire RongLifle 2/19/2023, 4:55 pm

Thanks on the stand. I have tablets and chrome books without cell that would work. I just wanted one with a pivot screen also integrated
FimRire RongLifle
FimRire RongLifle

Back to top Go down

Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired

Post by GME 2/19/2023, 10:16 pm

Good luck with the camera.  I read reviews on the apps that go with wifi for the camera.  Doesn't sound like may happy campers.  Reportedly, it freezes up - a lot.  I hope you can make it work for you.

I don't think I mentioned it, but the stand is all metal.  It's durable.

GME

Back to top Go down

Post by FimRire RongLifle 2/20/2023, 7:11 am

Hey I'm not supposed to RESEARCH until after I buy it! Smile  I am hoping I can find a webserver on the device and not need the app for streaming. We will see. I know the SME one a couple years ago also had app problems for me on Androids. I wish the usb-c would video out hardwire on this. I might actually hack the screen wires to a larger display and I then I need NO wifi!
FimRire RongLifle
FimRire RongLifle

Back to top Go down

Post by FimRire RongLifle 2/23/2023, 8:51 am

The Tactacam may have promise. It has micro HDMI out and scanning it after a reboot it doesnt boot with WIFI on. The screen also pivots and tilts. The app is working but it is OLD and critques of any clumsiness is likely accurate.  This is likely a component of a larger solution that I havent tested yet as I just opened it and messed with it on my desk. I will provide more feedback later.
FimRire RongLifle
FimRire RongLifle

Back to top Go down

Post by pgg 3/1/2023, 7:55 pm

Another alternative might be to use a network IP security camera.

I had one of these laying around:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S2196R9

It's a 4MP (2688x1520 16:9) network camera. I plugged it into a laptop, put it six feet away from an illuminated target slightly below and to one side, shot a few 9mm rounds into the white and black of the target , and it .... sorta works. 45 cal holes would obviously be a bit better. Here's a portion of a screenshot of what it shows.

Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired - Page 2 Img210

Doing the math for this camera, I get

1/1.8" sensor, focal length 6mm, 2688x1520 (4MP 16:9)
@ 2 meters, FOV width = 3.2 meters ==> 840 pixels per meter ==> 21 pixels per inch

Which seems about right given the appearance of the image above, though I didn't measure to confirm.

Most of the pixels of this camera are wasted because of the super-wide field of view.

I have thought about buying a pan-tilt-zoom IP camera for this range. It'd be easier to center the image on the target with the motorized camera, and the optical zoom would improve the resolution of the area of interest.

For example this camera - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081RDT34S/

It has a 2.8 - 12 mm optical zoom, so at max zoom the math works out to 

1/2.8" sensor, focal length 12mm, 2688x1520 (4MP 16:9)
@ 2 meters, FOV width = 1.2 meters ==> 2240 pixels per meter ==> 57 pixels per inch

About triple the resolution of the one I tried, which was almost workable. So I think this would work pretty well.

pgg

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine 3/11/2023, 8:05 am

I have two Bullseye Camera set ups. Works great to 1,000 yards. For short distances I have used an iPhone adapter on my spotting scopes.
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 3/13/2023, 11:29 am

Wifi Camera to see Shots Fired - Page 2 Win_2013
Here's my 10M Air Pistol viewer. Replaced the eyepiece of a spotting scope with a "bullet" video camera, and sent its output to Video In of an LCD TV.
The mounting box contains a 12 volt battery for powering the camera.
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by dmaryakh 3/14/2023, 11:28 pm

Before i got myself an electronic target, that was exactly the setup of my 10m range in the basement. Using an old phone and old ipad did the trick so for the remote target viewing the spend was exactly 0$ and entire range cost ended up around 130$ in lights and a pellet catcher.
Here is a link to the facebook group where i posted all details and pictures  https://www.facebook.com/groups/19237523732/permalink/10157430198818733/?mibextid=S66gvF 

And here https://www.facebook.com/groups/19237523732/permalink/10157391354093733/?mibextid=S66gvF

dmaryakh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2