Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between Standard vs Precision Pistol Match

3 posters

Go down

Difference between Standard vs Precision Pistol Match Empty Difference between Standard vs Precision Pistol Match

Post by RodJ Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:05 pm

Someone posted up a question about a sectional where both precision and a standard match were held. I can’t find nra rules for standard pistol or a reference to what standard is. 

I understand that precision is the term for a 2700.  I think.  Also this is the same as conventional pistol. But it could also be 1800 or just 900?

What’s standard pistol?

Thanks for any help and sorry for the questions.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Difference between Standard vs Precision Pistol Match Empty Re: Difference between Standard vs Precision Pistol Match

Post by RADJAG Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:10 pm

Standard Pistol is International Rules. 22 and iron sights only. Very similar to the 22 stage of Bullseye/Conventional/Precision, but you have to start Timed and Rapid stages with the gun at 45 till the target turns (similar to CMP EIC). There are several other specific rules that are different - sorry, you need to read the applicable rule book to be clear.

RADJAG

Back to top Go down

Difference between Standard vs Precision Pistol Match Empty Re: Difference between Standard vs Precision Pistol Match

Post by RADJAG Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:11 pm

NRA International Rule Book is here:-
https://competitions.nra.org/media/7577/nra-international-pistol-rules.pdf

RADJAG

RodJ and MartiniWaitress like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:37 pm

Another embarrassment. Didn’t occur to me that Standard was a subset of ISSF. Even after reading the post asking about loading magazines before the “Load” command, I didn’t fully comprehend what the answers were saying - that Standard is under ISSF rules.

Thanks again for helping guide me. You’re my new best friend, RADJAG!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RADJAG Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:29 pm

RodJ.

NRA International Rules are "stand alone", whilst they generally reflect ISSF (the "real" International) Rules there are some subtle differences. Unfortunately!

And, whilst CMP EIC 22 (Distinguished Pistol) Rules are very close to NRA International Standard Pistol, again, there are some subtle differences.

Need to watch out for limitations on gun overall dimensions, palm shelf design, etc.

Sorry, the devil is indeed in the details.

RADJAG

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:26 am

It's takes some work but you have to find the specific rule book from the specific organization sanctioning the tournament and match to determine the specific requirements.   First find the sanctioning organization (NRA, CMP. ISSF, 4H, etc); then find the rules for that specific match, tournament. etc.  

For example, at a Regional Tournament you may have the opportunity to shoot a NRA Precision Pistol 2700, a NRA Distinguished Revolver Match, a CMP EIC Match and a CMP .22 Distinguished Match. You would need to be familiar with the specific equipment and firing process for each. 

It takes some work work on your own and even more work to find a mentor who actually knows what the rules are for each rather than what they heard somewhere. 

CR

CR10X

Richard Ashmore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:58 am

Thanks CR.  The post I read didn’t mention the sanctioning org nor the location / date of the match, so I was wandering in the dark trying to google “standard vs precision pistol” for an answer, and nothing jumped out explaining what a “standard” match is… and it didn’t occur to me to open the NRA International rules. Ugh.

RADJAG thanks for further clarification on NRA Int’l vs ISSF.

You all are like a pair of flashlights and I appreciate it.

RodJ

MartiniWaitress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down