Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Precision Shooting Website for Competitors and Match Directors

+3
Multiracer
AnthonyJ
bogierich
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Precision Shooting Website for Competitors and Match Directors Empty New Precision Shooting Website for Competitors and Match Directors

Post by bogierich Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:16 am

Hello all, I apologize in advance for the length of this post.

I have been reading these match director and match related posts for years now and have been entirely sympathetic to the frustrations many match directors have been having with finding a better way to promote our matches, getting competitors to register, running matches and then the dreaded post-match activities such as score recording, stats, communication of those records and making them available to competitors.

So for some time now, I have been working on a website that will solve just about all of these problems and I believe it is finally ready to be put to use. The website will act as a consolidation point for competitors nationwide who participate in precision shooting sports. It's a site where match directors and people who want to learn to become match directors, can log in and have the ability to create matches wherever they are in the USA, allow competitors to register in advance for the match and/or pay their match fees up-front through a secure e-commerce payment system. At the match, competitors can show a QR code on paper or from their phones that the MD can scan with any smartphone to “check in” that competitor. After the match, MD's will be able to log back in and find reports on who attended, how much money was earned and receive the match fees collected on their behalf (all optional, of course). All of this is currently tested, operational and live.

Within the next three months, I will also give MD’s the optional ability to enter and record all shot values for each competitor through a simple interface, generate and record an entire package of stats options (that will never stop growing) and then automatically generate all the paperwork that needs to be sent off to the respective organizations who sanction the matches...all at the click of a button. Trying to have all this done by the first day of spring.

Competitors will have access to all the scores, stats, team scores and everything else that they were involved in regarding their matches through a personalized account portal. Again, early spring is the goal for this function.

So now I need help. First and foremost, as I continue the work on the back end functions as well as all the little website things like SEO and cleaning up little design issues and the like, I need people to start registering and more importantly, I need match directors to start coming in and setting up matches for competitors to join. Not much of a competition site if there aren't any competitions and I cant start advertising an empty match calendar. I need feedback. I've looked at and used the site so many hundreds of times that it's hard to "see" it anymore.

I have invested about $3000 so far in development and operational costs and expect to have invested at least that much more once spring is here and the new features come online. Competitors can sign up and use the site for free. I have a 30-day free trial period set up for Match Directors and after that a $2.99 per month fee to help with the operational costs. If you can help me out as a match director, please use the coupon code: 6QOF1G2AE7 to get three months free. This is not a “trick” of some kind to start making money off people. I am genuinely trying to fill a vast hole that can really help our sport.

The website is PrecisionShootingMatches.com

I greatly appreciate any constructive feedback that you care to offer. There is a LOT of knowledge on this board so it seemed the logical place to start. I’m happy to address questions and comments here as well as through my email contact page on the site. You can also use the email: Richard@PrecisionShootingMatches.com.

Hope to be working with all of you.

Rich
bogierich
bogierich

http://RichardBogath.com

Back to top Go down

New Precision Shooting Website for Competitors and Match Directors Empty Re: New Precision Shooting Website for Competitors and Match Directors

Post by AnthonyJ Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Hey rich, Excited to see your work! Right now I'm getting a 500 error, but may be my corporate network messing me up.

AnthonyJ

Back to top Go down

New Precision Shooting Website for Competitors and Match Directors Empty Re: New Precision Shooting Website for Competitors and Match Directors

Post by bogierich Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:55 pm

That could be the case, Anthony. The site is up and running.
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:09 pm

I received a good question from "Mitch", who asked why there were so few options on the left side of the calendar for states, match categories and firearm types. The answer is that the system will only show options that currently have matches created for them. So instead of scrolling down all 50 states, it will only show those states that have matches on the calendar Same goes for the categories and types of matches.
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyJ Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Just jumped off the wifi and it looks great! Lots of good content too. Congrats! Will spread the word around to folks I know that coordinate matches.

AnthonyJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:08 pm

PrecisionShootingMatches.com

Enter this into a search engine and nothing...lots of precision rifle sites ?

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Multiracer,

The site is brand new so you’re not going to find it high up in the search engines. All you have to do is go to the site itself in your address bar- http://precisionshootingmatches.com and you’re there.
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Well now, a "live" link work much better. Thanks

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 am

I appreciate the feedback that has been coming in privately as well as the questions. Please feel free to post them here as well so that all can get the info.

Another good question that came in is in regard to credit card or PayPal information being entered into the site. I am an ecommerce developer and consultant and have been in the industry for many years now. All your information is 100% safe and secure on the PrecisionShootingMatches.com website. No one has or will have access to any of your private or financial information--including myself.

If you still have concerns about this, then yes, anyone looking to try out the Match Director features that are currently in place can send me an email or PM and I will be happy to manually make you a MD with no financial information entered for the three-month trial. All I ask is that you please first sign up as a competitor so I don't have to type all your information into the system.

I really look forward to getting your input and feedback as well as having you provide a great opportunity to your local competitors. Thanks!
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:15 am

The response has been great so far and we have lots of competitors signing up to use the site. What I need now are more match directors and more importantly, more match directors setting up matches. I want to make this more attractive to MD's by setting you up for free if you learned about PSM from this forum, through the month of October. No coupon codes needed and no monthly fees. If you set up and run matches then please sign up as a competitor first and then shoot me an email or use the contact form on the site and I will manually upgrade you to a MD. Those of you who signed up using the coupon code, I will also manually change your subscription to permanent. Please talk to your local match directors and convince them to give it a try! Everyone benefits!
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 am

I think this is awesome, i think most clubs are finishing up for the season here in VA

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 am

Chris Miceli wrote:I think this is awesome, i think most clubs are finishing up for the season here in VA

Thanks! Most outdoor seasons are just about done for 2018 and that's why I launched when I did, so MD's can start entering indoor leagues and matches as well as start setting up next years matches with plenty of time before they begin so they can "play" with the system and get familiar with how things work (it's insanely simple).
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:28 am

***NEW FUNCTIONALITY NOW OPERATIONAL***

Match Directors can now set automatic reminders of match days/times to competitors who are registered for their matches! The default is a 3-day reminder but you can also change that to however many days is appropriate for you!

This function also allows MD's to send a custom email message to all registered competitors as necessary. Match information, updates, changes, alerts or any other reason you may need to reach all registered competitors is available with just a click.

Match Directors can see the new functions by logging into your MD account and visiting the page: https://precisionshootingmatches.com/my-match-portal/

Anyone interested in learning more about the website? Visit https://precisionshootingmatches.com/
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:45 am

Is the goal to have the website able to compute scores and allow for printing of the scoring report? Would be way cool to enter each shot fired and have everything computed. 

Your website makes me almost want to be a match director =]

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:50 am

Chris,

That's exactly what is coming. I and two other developers are working the kinks out as we speak (the other developers are also competitive shooters). Here's whats coming:

• 1) Post-match ability to enter in all competitor shot values for each string of fire in each match through a simple interface. The system does all the math to recalculate and verify scoring.

• 2) All calculated scoring gets recorded for each competitor to access from their own personal pages through the website.

• 3) At the click of a button, MD’s can generate all kinds of stats for the competitors that will also be recorded including Personal Records and National Records. All available for the competitor to access.

• 4) At a button click, all paperwork and / or match results and stats get printed or uploaded to the sanctioning body. Those that still require “paper” results submitted—the system will print all paperwork necessary, all pre-populated with the relevant information. You literally just need to print it and mail it all off.

Rich
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 am

bogierich wrote:Chris,

That's exactly what is coming. I and two other developers are working the kinks out as we speak (the other developers are also competitive shooters). Here's whats coming:

• 1) Post-match ability to enter in all competitor shot values for each string of fire in each match through a simple interface. The system does all the math to recalculate and verify scoring.

• 2) All calculated scoring gets recorded for each competitor to access from their own personal pages through the website.

• 3) At the click of a button, MD’s can generate all kinds of stats for the competitors that will also be recorded including Personal Records and National Records. All available for the competitor to access.

• 4) At a button click, all paperwork and / or match results and stats get printed or uploaded to the sanctioning body. Those that still require “paper” results submitted—the system will print all paperwork necessary, all pre-populated with the relevant information. You literally just need to print it and mail it all off.

Rich

sweet! one thing i would recommend is set it up so when a match direct enters a single digit it shifts to the next cell for shot value. A 1 would record as a 10 a 0 would record a miss and a . would be an x or *  something from the num pad on a keyboard. 

Now just create your own governing body and we won't have to shoot any NRA anymore. You are providing something the NRA seems to not been able to provide.

Any way to donate to your setup?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:33 am

Chris,
You're going to just love what we've done.

As much as I appreciate the offer to "donate to the cause", my absolute goal here to make competition shooting grow. The way we achieve that is to get more people involved and the same goes for this initiative I have created. Spread the word and let's get more competitors signed up and just as important--we need more match directors signing up and posting matches! The $2.99 per month fee for MD's will help with the costs of development and ongoing maintenance. We just need them to get those matches up there.

Thanks!

Rich
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:09 am

I sent a link of this to the powers to be at my league. They seemed to turn up noses!  I don’t get it..it’s a plus for us!  Maybe the real old dogs that play this game are stuck in their ways?

To me it’s a no brainer
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:17 am

Sometimes people can be very resistant to change--especially when technology is involved. I find that given a little time when they can see the benefits of using the system, people tend to come around and accept the fact that it is a huge plus for them individually and for the sport.

If competitors around them use it and show them how easy it is, it'll make the difference.
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am

Also, not sure I’m missing something..when can a competitor start entering scores for ones self?
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:27 am

Lab,

Actually no. When the functionality becomes available, only a match director will be able to enter scoring information associated with the matches they have created and are actively managing.
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 am

bogierich wrote:Lab,

Actually no. When the functionality becomes available, only a match director will be able to enter scoring information associated with the matches they have created and are actively managing.
Thank you
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:30 am

What competitors will be able to do for themselves is to import past achievements and match results previous to using the PSM system.
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 am

bogierich wrote:What competitors will be able to do for themselves is to import past achievements and match results previous to using the PSM system.
how do i access my account page?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:47 am

Chris,

When you get to the site and log into your account, right side will say “subscriptions”. Just click on your subscription and it will bring you to your account page.
bogierich
bogierich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next