Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grips for High Standard X-Series (and Victor)

3 posters

Go down

Grips for High Standard X-Series (and Victor) Empty Grips for High Standard X-Series (and Victor)

Post by mikemyers Fri Mar 03 2023, 16:56

Are there any after-market manufacturers who make grips/stocks for the High Standard X-Series (or Victor) guns with the "military" angle?
High Standard sells ambidextrous grips like this, but they're out of stock.

....or do any of you have a used set you'd like to sell?

Grips for High Standard X-Series (and Victor) Scree117
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Grips for High Standard X-Series (and Victor) Empty Re: Grips for High Standard X-Series (and Victor)

Post by John Dervis Fri Mar 03 2023, 17:53

Mike,

I have a pair of those new grips I bought at Perry last year but I also have a different set I would sell.  That second set is a little more squared off at the back where it meets your hand.  I wouldn't say they are bad but they feel a little different than the originals (or Alan's new version) which have a thinner taper there.  I would take $75.00 for that second set if you want them.  I can send you a picture or two when I get home if you are interested.

Let me know.
John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Grips for High Standard X-Series (and Victor) Empty Re: Grips for High Standard X-Series (and Victor)

Post by Richard Benoit Sat Mar 04 2023, 17:35

Try Sarco , I just picked up a set made of hard rubber , ambidextrous. They're about $25. I haven't mounted them yet , but appear to be well made.

Richard Benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sat Mar 04 2023, 20:02

Richard Benoit wrote:Try Sarco , I just picked up a set made of hard rubber , ambidextrous. They're about $25. I haven't mounted them yet , but appear to be well made.
Aha!  You must mean these:
    https://www.sarcoinc.com/hi-standard-grips-for-sport-king-model-m-and-victor-pistols-rubber/

I don't mind their being rubber, and I guess it would make sense to try them before buying the more expensive wood grips.
I'm going to wait about two seeks until I can get to the range, and see how well I like this gun now.
If I sell the gun, they would make a nice, inexpensive addition.
But if I'm going to keep the gun, not sell it, I'll buy the ones that Alan posted.

To be honest here, there is a part of me that just wants to shoot 1911 based guns, and my revolvers.
Can't win - too many other guns I also enjoy shooting.

Best not to do anything until I take the gun to my range.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down