Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extractor info

3 posters

Go down

Extractor info Empty Extractor info

Post by Froneck 7/15/2023, 10:36 am

Nearing completion of my homemade .22 conversion I need to cut the extractor slot in the slide. I did purchase the Nelson extractor and spring (3 sets) But it's quite wide. Being the Nelson slide is squarish in the rear about .980" wide the Nelson extractor is flush at the rear. I did trim the width of my tool steel slide to .920"(put slide on surface grinder and removed equal amount on each side, same width as the Nelson scope rail). If needed I can remove .030" for rear of the Nelson extractor. However I'm wanting to find something smaller so I can cut a radius on the top part so as to lower weight.
 Does anyone have dimensions of other extractors like something on a 208, maybe a 41 or other .22 pistol?

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Extractor info Empty Re: Extractor info

Post by WesG 7/15/2023, 2:48 pm

Volquartsen M-41. Took some fiddling around on the microscope. Reticle alignment is frozen, and it's got dumb old micrometers. The 20x eyepiece doesn't help either. But it was a great deal.
Attachments
Extractor info Attachment
extractor_Volq.PDF You don't have permission to download attachments.(19 Kb) Downloaded 19 times

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 7/15/2023, 5:55 pm

My tool makers microscopes have micrometers too. I up graded to Optical Comparators.
 Does the M-41 have a pivot pin hole? I see it's quite a bit smaller than the Nelson extractor, it's 1.25" long, .36" wide  at the pivot pin hole and .32 at the rim hook.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz 7/15/2023, 7:02 pm

Caspian has their own design. 
https://www.caspianarms.com/productdisplay/extractor-external-45acp-carbon

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 7/16/2023, 4:25 pm

Thanks, I think it will work! Will call them Monday! I assume it will fit flush with outside of slide. Doing the math the difference between the .45acp and .22 case is about .085"/side. I then can use 3/8" radius cutter on my .22 conversion slide. I did purchase a used 3/8" radius cutter on ebay so I can shorten the length without modifying the cutter I have. Maybe they have the pin and spring too.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 7/17/2023, 10:09 am

Up-date, called Caspian, extractor, pin and spring is in stock and being put in the mail!
 Dummy me forgot to ask pin diameter so I can get a reamer ordered if I don't have one! I'll have to call them again!
 .080 OD pin! Now to order the reamer.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down