Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair?

3 posters

Go down

Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair? Empty Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair?

Post by WillH Fri 20 Oct 2023, 11:27 am

When I got my first pistol box I carried a 1911 Marvel and a SARO 1911 and things fit pretty well.  It's a 3 gun box. Things have progressed (or regressed) to a pair of Pardinis (SP22 and HP32).  So far I've added some spacers in between the tightener "fingers" and managed to fit them - but not very well. The Pardini is a lot thicker than 1911 toward the barrel end and the box really isn't designed for them. They physically fit but not real well and hard to get in and out.  Seems I need to make some modifications. I was thinking of removing the middle section of fingers and replace that with a cradle or something that more closely matches their shape.  If anyone has some advice on that or has some pictures of modifications I'd be interested in not re-inventing the wheel.  Thanks!
WillH
WillH

Back to top Go down

Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair? Empty Re: Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair?

Post by WillH Fri 20 Oct 2023, 11:38 am

Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair? 20231011
WillH
WillH

Back to top Go down

Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair? Empty Re: Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair?

Post by Greg Walloch Fri 20 Oct 2023, 11:48 am

Will,

DM me with your phone number.  

Greg Walloch

Greg Walloch

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Fri 20 Oct 2023, 8:10 pm

Will,

Here are two ideas.
1) You could make a new set of fingers sized for your particular guns. The gap between will be wider and you could make them deeper if you wanted to. This would be the simpler of my ideas and it keep the drawer you have. 
2) You could build a new drawer (or modify your current) by changing to a slot system. Here are a couple or pictures of mine.  You would want the slots a bit wider for your guns but this would work.  My guns ride in there and never get bumped out. 

Good luck.
John
Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair? Everno22
Pistol box modifications for Pardini pair? Everno21

John Dervis

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WillH Sun 22 Oct 2023, 4:00 pm

John that's an interesting layout with the slots / option 2.  I may go that route so I can swap trays across 1911 and euro guns as I like to shoot both.  Are those dividers fixed in place or designed to move back and forth somehow with perhaps in slots?
WillH
WillH

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Sun 22 Oct 2023, 9:17 pm

My dividers are fixed in place but I suppose you could make them adjustable. Each divider is in a slot that I cut into the the bottom, right end, and the middle pieces of the drawer.(the middle divider is hard to see but it is under the trigger guards) I then glued and nailed the dividers and everything else together.  To make them moveable, you could cut multiple slots and then make the middle removable. Then just configure the dividers as you wish so some could be narrower than others. 
  One of my winter projects is to rebuild my drawer for a different reason but I might make them adjustable just to prove it can be. 
  I will advise that things like scopes and anatomical grips will require more space between guns. My first attempt at this drawer had 5 narrow stalls for the guns but I discovered the scopes would touch.  The current drawer addresses that but it reduces the capacity down to 4. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down