Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

arist crat ppc sights

+3
SingleActionAndrew
Wobbley
rcmp290
7 posters

Go down

arist crat ppc sights  Empty arist crat ppc sights

Post by rcmp290 10/29/2023, 11:19 am

i recently purchased  a ppc gun that has 7,25,50 yard front sight adjustment on it its a model 10 s&w anyone know at which front sight setting should i sight it in at? thanks rob

rcmp290

Back to top Go down

arist crat ppc sights  Empty Re: arist crat ppc sights

Post by Wobbley 10/29/2023, 11:23 am

Insight most of my guns in at 25 yards.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 10/29/2023, 12:41 pm

Isn't the idea that you sight in Each of the three settings at the specified distance, and then toggle between them depending on whether shooting at 26 or 50 yards?
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew
Admin

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 10/29/2023, 12:58 pm

If I remember the sight, you zero the gun at one range and the sights were then set for the other ranges. But as I understood PPC, the majority of the shooting was at 25 yards. So had I been setting up the gun I’d have zeroed at 25.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rcmp290 10/29/2023, 1:10 pm

Thank you all vary much

rcmp290

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 10/29/2023, 1:27 pm

As I recall, use 25 yds.
But, in PPC You might be using center hold, or neck hold.
The 50 yd setting would be set for either neck hold or center hold
The last click 7/15 yard should be center hold.

A lot to remember when setting up

Instructions
https://www.aristocratproducts.com/brochures/tri-set-sight-instructions.pdf

And

https://www.aristocratproducts.com/brochures/TS-6dj-inst.pdf
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV 10/29/2023, 4:25 pm

POSITION 1 CENTER HOLD 25YD ZERO
POSITION 2 NECK HOLD ON B27 AT 25 YARDS
POSITION 3 NECK HOLD ON B27 AT 50 YARDS

YOU ZERO USING THE ALLEN SCREWS ON THE FRONT FIGHT. THE REAR SIGHT ELEVATION SCREW IS FOR LIGHT OR AMMUNITION CHANGES ONLY. 

ALSO BELIEVE IT OR NOT. YOU ZERO IN SEQUENCE.
1ST  - POSITION 2
2ND - POSITION 1
3RD - POSITION 3

JIMPGOV

STEVE SAMELAK, BE Mike and Dan Webb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix 10/29/2023, 6:59 pm

The depth and wealth of info on this forum is just amazing! before any of you die you have to pass ALL of it on to the younger of the group.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 10/29/2023, 8:06 pm

We’re gonna be here a while….(in both interpretations)
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 10/29/2023, 8:38 pm

The sight you describe is the Bill Davis Artistocrat PPC Rib with the tri-set front sight, which had 7, 25 and 50 yd settings and labeled as such. Later, there was an Aristocrat rib which had the tri-set on the rear sight and they were labelled 1,2 & 3. Early versions required a screw driver to make those adjustments. Later versions had a knurled thumb piece for making the adjustments.

Both were intended to be used as follows.

First, most would set the "normal" rear sight elevation adjustor screw so that you have plenty of adjustment up or down. Call it middle of the threads so to speak.  I would set that screw slot at 6 and 12 oclock.

Setting 7 and 1 were intended to be set as WYSIWYG, or point of aim = point of impact.  On the Davis model there are 3 small allen head screws in the front sight base. One of those controls raising and lowering the front blade for each of the 1, 25 or 50 setting. On the Aristocrat Tri-set version those allen screws are on the rear blade base. Zero elevation using the appropriate screw to adjust your point of impact for this setting.

Setting 25 or 2 were intended to be able to hold at head or neck on the silhouette target at 25 yds, yet the bullet impacts were in target center, about 15" or so lower, depending on what one liked to see. The corresponding allen elevator screw would be used to set the "setting" up.

Setting 50 or 3 were intended to be able to hold at head or neck on the silhouette target at 50 yds, yet bullets would impact target center, again about 15 inches low depending. The corresponding allen screw elevator would be used to set up this position.

Once this is done, then, to go from point of impact hold settings 7 or 1 which was typically a good setting for 7,15 and 25 yds , one could simply flip the front sight to 25, or the rear sight version to 2, then you were ready for a head or neck hold at 25 yds, quickly and easily.

Then when shooting the 50 yd line, simply choose the 50 or 3 setting.

This was a huge upgrade to the previous method of counting clicks which were many, and prone to errors.

The Aristocrat Tri-set with rear elevator settings was an upgrade over the original Bill Davis model in that adjustments could be done, or checked when the gun was in the holster. The Davis version with the front sight elevator was not visible from the holstered firearm.  Also the Davis version had ghost settings for 7 and 50 yds. IOW, you had to make sure you pushed it all the way forward for 7 and all the way rearward for 50, as it sometimes felt like it was all the way fore or aft yet wasn't. The 25 setting did not have this condition. Of course with either, you had to remember to set it, and to reset it as you changed distances.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down