Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xesse vs SF

2 posters

Go down

Xesse vs SF Empty Xesse vs SF

Post by Rush223 Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:00 pm

I have an Xesse that I purchased 6-7 years ago from Larry Carter. It has the triangular front sight that can be rotated. According to my mag-tipped screwdriver it has a steel frame. How does this gun differ from the new SF model. 
Thanks
Rush

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Xesse vs SF Empty Re: Xesse vs SF

Post by rich.tullo Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:31 pm

New SF has the slide milled from Bar Stock. I believe SF has two versions out there but this could be an urban Legend. I had a SF with a Silver Slide, I bought from Red Feather and was giving me fits. I sent it to Walther and they sent me back new one with a Black Slide and Blue target grips which was a nice thing they did for me. 

I thought the gun was different and certainly much different than my Larry's Special. The Extractor is pinned. I know the new CSC frames are Milled from Bar Stock ( really from a forged blank) and I think the SF I have is milled from Bar stock. Other parts such as the safety and slide stop are not compatible as per Walther. 

For example I replaced the trigger button on my Larry's Special and the replacement was a 208 trigger button. On the SF they have its own part number and Red Feather now has that part in stock. 

Additionally my Larry's Special has a serrated front strap while the SF does not. The Larry's Special is Parkerized while SF has Tennifer. So at some point in 1Q 2022 I think they changed the frame on these. 

I suppose a machinist that has the equipment to test the hardness of the metal can let us know for sure. I know the big push at Walther is make SF pistols because they invested in all new equipment for the PPQ.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down