Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropping Shots Low and Left...Need Help

+2
NukeMMC
wjwillia
6 posters

Go down

Dropping Shots Low and Left...Need Help Empty Dropping Shots Low and Left...Need Help

Post by wjwillia Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:50 pm

Hello All,
I recently started back shooting rimfire bullseye after a 20+ year hiatus.  I'm hovering in the 560-570ish range on a 25yd 600 course.  I am running into issues with grouping low and left on my slow fire, however on my  rapid and timed I tend to pull them back more toward the bullseye.  Any suggestion on what I may be doing and what I need to work on?  My current rig is a Volquartsen V6 Custom, Herrett National Match Grips and old school Tasco PP3 with SK Pistol Match ammo.  Thanks guys

wjwillia

Back to top Go down

Dropping Shots Low and Left...Need Help Empty Re: Dropping Shots Low and Left...Need Help

Post by NukeMMC Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:41 pm

Right handed?
That is where they go for me when I try and yank the trigger to catch a shot.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

dieselguy624, AlEg and wjwillia like this post

Back to top Go down

Dropping Shots Low and Left...Need Help Empty Re: Dropping Shots Low and Left...Need Help

Post by wjwillia Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:33 pm

Yes, forgot to mention I am right handed.

wjwillia

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:27 am

Trigger control trumps all other fundamentals.
BE Mike
BE Mike

bruce martindale, ermakevin, djperry2, NukeMMC and wjwillia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:37 am

And good enough trumps perfect

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

ermakevin, dieselguy624, djperry2, Arthur, rckendall and wjwillia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:37 am

Low & left is common for right handed shooters. Mostly caused by jerking the trigger, i.e. pulling too fast when you see the sights where you like them. Another cause is tightening the grip when you decide it's time to take the shot thereby moving the gun. 

Rather than aiming and then pulling the trigger, try to start pulling the trigger and, at the same time, keeping the sights aligned in an acceptable area. It's not "aim then shoot", it's aim while shooting.

Do you call your shots? Make sure you really see the sights when the gun goes boom.

Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire! Then live fire as if you were dry fire.

Hope this is helpful.

mspingeld
Admin

bruce martindale, chopper, ermakevin, dieselguy624, djperry2, Arthur, AC Baker and wjwillia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:36 pm

BE Mike wrote:Trigger control trumps all other fundamentals.
read Bruce's book.
ermakevin
ermakevin

djperry2, Gustavo1957 and wjwillia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:22 am

ermakevin wrote:
BE Mike wrote:Trigger control trumps all other fundamentals.
read Bruce's book.
If I were still able to competitively compete, I'd definitely add it to the extensive list of materials that I read and studied over the years (since 1971), including the USAMU manual, and "The Pistol Shooter's Treasury". I retired before I got to the USMC book.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by wjwillia Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:20 pm

Thanks for the info guys.  I've been focusing on trigger control.  Turned in a 585-17x this week at the local 22LR league.

wjwillia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down