Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

56 Year Old Eyes - Help With Best Front Site Paint

5 posters

Go down

56 Year Old Eyes - Help With Best Front Site Paint Empty 56 Year Old Eyes - Help With Best Front Site Paint

Post by JGW006 12/2/2023, 1:16 pm

I have trouble with the lack of contrast between the black front site and black bullseye.  For those of you who have dealt with this, what is your best solution?  A fluorescent yellow-green?  White?  Brito red?  

Or, something else completely!

JGW

JGW006

Back to top Go down

56 Year Old Eyes - Help With Best Front Site Paint Empty Re: 56 Year Old Eyes - Help With Best Front Site Paint

Post by mspingeld 12/2/2023, 1:26 pm

Sub-six hold. Black sight, white background.

mspingeld
Admin

Al, SteveT, mbmshooter, Multiracer and JGW006 like this post

Back to top Go down

56 Year Old Eyes - Help With Best Front Site Paint Empty Re: 56 Year Old Eyes - Help With Best Front Site Paint

Post by Rush223 12/2/2023, 2:16 pm

I’m 70. 
I put a small white dot of white paint using a dental pick to ensure I am focusing on the front sight. Not painting the sight. 
I plan to try sub six hold in the coming months. I think this a great sight picture. 

Rush

Rush223

JGW006 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 12/3/2023, 5:31 pm

Rush223 wrote:I’m 70. 
I put a small white dot of white paint using a dental pick to ensure I am focusing on the front sight. Not painting the sight. 
I plan to try sub six hold in the coming months. I think this a great sight picture. 

Rush
This is what I have tried this past season and it works pretty well. It gives you something to fixate on but doesn’t wash the whole front sight out. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix 12/3/2023, 6:57 pm

I have heard of the "sub six hold" how do I set up the sights so I'm aiming sub six but I'm in the X ring.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rush223 12/3/2023, 7:21 pm

Cmysix wrote:I have heard of the "sub six hold" how do I set up the sights so I'm aiming sub six but I'm in the X ring.
Aim in the white area between the bottom of the black and the bottom of the target. 
Fire shots. 
Add elevation till you are centered in the black. 

On a 50 yard target the space between the bottom of the black and the bottom of the target is the same as the height of the black. So if the sight picture is in the white the shots will be in the black. 

Rush

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 12/3/2023, 9:34 pm

Cmysix wrote:I have heard of the "sub six hold" how do I set up the sights so I'm aiming sub six but I'm in the X ring.
You would start with the sight setting you have now and fire a shot or a group of shots and then adjust your sight up so that your group will be in the black. You can shoot sub-six half way down between the bullseye and the bottom of the target or you can have an equal amount of light/white above the front sight and on each side of the front sight. That second method will probably not be halfway between the bull and bottom of the target but the mind likes to have equal spacing so it adapts to shooting in space a little better.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down