Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad loads & scroungers

5 posters

Go down

Bad loads & scroungers Empty Bad loads & scroungers

Post by Russ OR 1/23/2024, 9:17 pm

Another poster said he wasn't going to shoot someone else's reloads-smart. - Reminded me of a "happening" some years ago:
Back when components were cheap: -- 
I'd loaded 100 38 HBWCs way too weak somehow-barely clearing the 52 barrel & almost not making it to the 50 yard berm. - After 3 shots, I was dumping the rest into the Dud Can.  -- Another Bullseye shooter asked why I didn't take them home & pull the bullets. I said I didn't want to bother with it.  - He took them out of the Dud Can, saying he'd dismantle them.

Two weeks later at practice he came up & said there was something wrong with the loads I-GAVE-HIM. -- There were three HBWCs stuck in his 8" revolver barrel !  - -
Here's our signs.            -- Russ

Russ OR

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bad loads & scroungers Empty Re: Bad loads & scroungers

Post by Al 1/24/2024, 12:02 pm

Russ OR wrote:Another poster said he wasn't going to shoot someone else's reloads-smart. - Reminded me of a "happening" some years ago:
Back when components were cheap: -- 
I'd loaded 100 38 HBWCs way too weak somehow-barely clearing the 52 barrel & almost not making it to the 50 yard berm. - After 3 shots, I was dumping the rest into the Dud Can.  -- Another Bullseye shooter asked why I didn't take them home & pull the bullets. I said I didn't want to bother with it.  - He took them out of the Dud Can, saying he'd dismantle them.

Two weeks later at practice he came up & said there was something wrong with the loads I-GAVE-HIM. -- There were three HBWCs stuck in his 8" revolver barrel !  - -
Here's our signs.            -- Russ
 No good deed goes unpunished!
You can't fix stupid.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 1/24/2024, 1:08 pm

Not exactly the same situation, but at one time someone I know developed a misguided affinity for trying to reload .32 S&W Long for ISSF Center Fire and Bullseye Center Fire (Walther GSP-C). If you've ever done any load development for target .32 S&W Long, you'll know that one ends up with a lot of trial rounds that are perfectly safe, but not match-accurate, and probably not something one would want to run through their precision Walther GSP-C.

This unnamed person came across an unexpected windfall of a $500 Visa gift card via an award from his/her place of employment, and they bought a Ruger GP100 in .327 Federal Mag with it.

A 6" Ruger GP100 is really fun to plink steel with soft .32 S&W Long target loads. Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

troystaten, Fezzik68 and Charliemac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit 1/24/2024, 2:34 pm

john bickar wrote:f you've ever done any load development for target .32 S&W Long, you'll know that one ends up with a lot of trial rounds that are perfectly safe, but not match-accurate, and probably not something one would want to run through their precision Walther GSP-C.

My reloading bench has a painfully deep head shaped dent to attest to this.

straybrit

john bickar, troystaten and Fezzik68 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 1/24/2024, 6:10 pm

straybrit wrote:
john bickar wrote:f you've ever done any load development for target .32 S&W Long, you'll know that one ends up with a lot of trial rounds that are perfectly safe, but not match-accurate, and probably not something one would want to run through their precision Walther GSP-C.

My reloading bench has a painfully deep head shaped dent to attest to this.

Not to quote myself, but:
john bickar wrote:A 6" Ruger GP100 is really fun to plink steel with soft .32 S&W Long target loads
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eindecker 2/9/2024, 9:46 am

My dad used to volunteer at a local shooting club for something to do,  Back in the 70s. 

They had a member who had a 44 magnum. The guy felt that elmer kieth 44 magnum loads were NOT powerful enough.   He eventually bought a 454 casull. And after shooting factory ammo  for a few months felt it was NOT powerful enough. 

He bought reloading gear and started making his own ammo.   Well he decided NOT to follow a load manual. And for some strange reason he blew his hand off.  Following year he bought another handgun, and started reloading again.. Somehow managed to blow another gun, and a few fingers off his remaining hand. 

That is why I personally dont touch mystery ammo in a baggie, or someone elses reloads.

Eindecker

BE Mike and troystaten like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down