Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags

+3
ermakevin
Copyman303
tomd999
7 posters

Go down

Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags Empty Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags

Post by tomd999 2/9/2024, 11:34 am

Hiya,

Back in December there was a post here that Tripple-K was doing a run of 52 mags. I ordered 2, they notified me that they would ship early 2024. Yesterday I received shipping confirmation and tracking numbers.

When they arrive I’ll post pictures and comments.

Tom

tomd999

Back to top Go down

Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags Empty Re: Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags

Post by Copyman303 2/9/2024, 1:18 pm

I received the same confirmation email.  My expected delivery date is tomorrow

Copyman303

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 2/9/2024, 3:19 pm

I hope you have good luck with Triple K magazines. I order 4 of them from Brownells, at the time they were out of stock but when they came in I was notified and got them in about a week.
They looked like the Colt Ace mags. I wanted but material seem thinner. In addition the lips were not right and directed the bullet to right or left of the chamber so much that the bullet hit the barrel and prevent slide closure. Being I purchased them for my .22 conversion I put them aside and used the .22 Ace magazine I had to complete work on the project. After completing the conversion I may try to correct the errors in the Triple K magazines.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by tomd999 2/10/2024, 4:09 pm

Hiya,

So the 52 mags arrived this morning. Initial inspection was good, steel, aluminum follower, hollow follower pin for the slot like the originals however the base plate is different.

Things went downhill as I inserted them into two different 52’s, an early “A” serial and a late “TZW” serial. Both mags are difficult to insert to the depth of the mag catch, once they hit they bind and require a good slap to seat. Once locked in, there is no movement or rattle however, the mag button is more difficult to release. The follower nose appears to catch on the trigger opening on the front strap. I haven’t loaded any rounds or fired either, I’ll report on live fire function once I get to the range. I’ll check outside dimensions against S&W originals as well.

Tom

tomd999

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin 3/6/2024, 7:34 pm

tomd999 wrote:Hiya,

So the 52 mags arrived this morning. Initial inspection was good, steel, aluminum follower, hollow follower pin for the slot like the originals however the base plate is different.

Things went downhill as I inserted them into two different 52’s, an early “A” serial and a late “TZW” serial. Both mags are difficult to insert to the depth of the mag catch, once they hit they bind and require a good slap to seat. Once locked in, there is no movement or rattle however, the mag button is more difficult to release. The follower nose appears to catch on the trigger opening on the front strap. I haven’t loaded any rounds or fired either, I’ll report on live fire function once I get to the range. I’ll check outside dimensions against S&W originals as well.

Tom
please keep us posted.
i was looking at those KKK mags a few minutes ago. and its a good thing i searched for comments.
 thanks
ermakevin
ermakevin

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe 3/6/2024, 7:40 pm

I bought 5, sent 3 back, still struggling with the two I kept.  Hard  to insert, difficult feeding, very difficult to remove.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 3/6/2024, 10:05 pm

I’ve lost track of the other thread post involving magazines that were binding. At the risk of repeating myself, I had a terrible binding problem with some M52 mags.  Ultimately I traced the issue to the trigger stop screw. If it is turned too far in, the tip will bind on the magazine. Some mags seem to be dimensionally a few thousandths wider front to back. Try adjusting the stop screw out and see if it improves things.  

Down side, that can lead to a trigger that won’t fire or just barely trips the sear but not enough for the sear to get out of the way of the half cock safety notch on the hammer. It’ll still be bang, but the sear nose gets damaged. 

So if adjusting the TS screw out solves the issue, then file down the tip,of the screw maybe .005” and reset the stop screw for proper function and sear tip clearance.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 3/7/2024, 4:11 pm

Like I mentioned the Tripple K magazines are poor copies of the needed magazines! I guess they are better than none.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangeant 3/19/2024, 6:01 pm

Ordered two awhile back when the first notice was posted and finally shot the one that seats; feeds works fine no issues.
The other drags/ hangs up on trigger stop screw haven't messed with that one yet.

Messed with second, my screw doesn't protrude it was just dragging on the edge of screw hole. Filed front of mag and edge above mag catch cut out and it seats fine. So this one a slight dimensional issue.

Last edited by Tangeant on 3/24/2024, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tangeant
Tangeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 3/20/2024, 5:43 am

How does the 3K magazine drag/hang-up on trigger stop screw? Stop screw does not touch magazine catch when trigger forward. Then when pulled to stop it contacts the mag. catch. If there is issue with trigger dragging when 3K mag. inserted it might be contacting the bow. Seems that your mag. catch fits rather loose, should be pushed to the rear by the slotted head but could being pushed forward by the 3K mag. catch slot then is being pushed to the rear by the stop screw. Stop screw should only contact the mag. catch after sear is released from hammer hooks. I would think with some touch-up with a file in the 3K mag. catch slot will eliminate the problem if it's not the bow.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe 3/20/2024, 8:20 am

I had the same problem, filed off the trigger stop screw and that was that.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 3/21/2024, 6:43 am

I goofed my reply was for the  1911 not 52! However I still can't see why the stop screw should add drag to trigger with 3K magazines! Years ago ( about 35 ) I did have 2 S&W 52s but stopped using them, used 1911 in 45ACP for Centerfire. Kinda forgot how the stop screw works and is adjusted. But why change the stop screw when something in the magazine is the problem?

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe 3/21/2024, 8:43 am

I may be answering a question that was not asked, but: there was no
trigger problem, just a mag insertion/withdrawal problem, and that was due to the mag dragging on the trigger set screw. At first it doesn't make sense, but it was the culprit.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 3/21/2024, 12:26 pm

Oh OK so the stop screw protrudes into the magazine well so if the screw is shortened it still can be adjusted to stop the trigger. As I mentioned it's been a loooong time since I messed with the 52. Liked the 52, an unforgiving gun in that if I call a 9, I would most often get a scratch 10 with 1911 but with 52 8 maybe worse!. Then when some top guns suggested I go with the one gun I shot totally with 1911, tried Kart conversion but had too many alibis.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down