Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags

3 posters

Go down

Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags Empty Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags

Post by tomd999 Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:34 am

Hiya,

Back in December there was a post here that Tripple-K was doing a run of 52 mags. I ordered 2, they notified me that they would ship early 2024. Yesterday I received shipping confirmation and tracking numbers.

When they arrive I’ll post pictures and comments.

Tom

tomd999

Back to top Go down

Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags Empty Re: Triple-K shipping S&W 52 mags

Post by Copyman303 Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:18 am

I received the same confirmation email.  My expected delivery date is tomorrow

Copyman303

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:19 pm

I hope you have good luck with Triple K magazines. I order 4 of them from Brownells, at the time they were out of stock but when they came in I was notified and got them in about a week.
They looked like the Colt Ace mags. I wanted but material seem thinner. In addition the lips were not right and directed the bullet to right or left of the chamber so much that the bullet hit the barrel and prevent slide closure. Being I purchased them for my .22 conversion I put them aside and used the .22 Ace magazine I had to complete work on the project. After completing the conversion I may try to correct the errors in the Triple K magazines.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by tomd999 Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:09 pm

Hiya,

So the 52 mags arrived this morning. Initial inspection was good, steel, aluminum follower, hollow follower pin for the slot like the originals however the base plate is different.

Things went downhill as I inserted them into two different 52’s, an early “A” serial and a late “TZW” serial. Both mags are difficult to insert to the depth of the mag catch, once they hit they bind and require a good slap to seat. Once locked in, there is no movement or rattle however, the mag button is more difficult to release. The follower nose appears to catch on the trigger opening on the front strap. I haven’t loaded any rounds or fired either, I’ll report on live fire function once I get to the range. I’ll check outside dimensions against S&W originals as well.

Tom

tomd999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down