Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNDERSIZED sizing die??????????????

4 posters

Go down

UNDERSIZED sizing die?????????????? Empty UNDERSIZED sizing die??????????????

Post by Cmysix 2/10/2024, 5:58 pm

WHY? if you will. would I need/use an undersized sizing die , like say a .45 acp sizing die that is 0.003 small then a normal .45 acp die? TYIA.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

UNDERSIZED sizing die?????????????? Empty Re: UNDERSIZED sizing die??????????????

Post by NuJudge 2/10/2024, 6:22 pm

If you have a full length size die that produces a smaller than usual OD on a case, this is useful in two circumstances, one is with standard brass producing higher than usual neck tension.  The second is that with thinner-than-usual brass (I have lots of old Remington like this), normal neck tension is achieved.  

For normal brass and soft Lead bullets, this does not work.

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

UNDERSIZED sizing die?????????????? Empty Re: UNDERSIZED sizing die??????????????

Post by bruce martindale 2/10/2024, 9:51 pm

NuJudge has it, thin brass, jacketed bullets, maybe for very heavy loads to prevent heads from backing out?

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 2/10/2024, 10:05 pm

I use an undersize die for 9mm range brass. It is useful for brass that may have been shot in a loose chamber. In my application, it allows for correct tension on the projectile.
chiz1180
chiz1180

walt k likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down