Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is BE coming to an end?

+16
SVWillow
Jack H
ssauer2004
pergoman
Bullseye10X
aloreman
DavidR
KCKral
CrankyThunder
JStraw
Yiogo
Rob Kovach
john bickar
Chris.P.Chicken
dan allen
Casey101
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is BE coming to an end? - Page 2 Empty Is BE coming to an end?

Post by Casey101 Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

As I was googling I noticed a lack of bullseye sites and related information.

Is BE loosing its popularity?
Do you think it will go away?
If so why because of IDPA and other more glamorous shooting sports?

John
Casey101
Casey101

Back to top Go down

Is BE coming to an end? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is BE coming to an end?

Post by ssauer2004 Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:50 pm

I think indoor bullseye leagues are more of a cold weather area activity.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 pm

SVWillow wrote:I live on the West Coast of Florida and cannot find a BullsEye club or match within 50 miles.  Most indoor ranges do not host matches of any kind because they lose money, and out door ranges seem to be more interested in those competitions that relate to self defense.  Other than the NRA/Winchester course, the idea of developing good marksmanship except at very close range seems to be a dying sport around here.

Willow
Yeah, when I was in Florida on the southwest coast about I could find was a nice trap range in Fort Meyers.  Rotunda has the land for high power (or pistol) but almost zero interest when I was down there.  I would think with all the retired folks in the southwest coast there would be interest.

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Hello Everybody!

I already responded but in the spirit of promoting the sport, anybody in the Lansing Michigan area that is interested in winter indoor bullseye shooting, drop me a pm and you have my personal invitation to join our next indoor bullseye match. If you want, we can meet beforehand and go over the rules, procedures, and commands so that you are fully aware of what is going to happen. Equipment and Ammo? no problem, you can use mine to get started.

Regards,
Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TampaTim Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:00 pm

SVWillow wrote:I live on the West Coast of Florida and cannot find a BullsEye club or match within 50 miles.  Most indoor ranges do not host matches of any kind because they lose money, and out door ranges seem to be more interested in those competitions that relate to self defense.  Other than the NRA/Winchester course, the idea of developing good marksmanship except at very close range seems to be a dying sport around here.

Willow

Try Shooting Sports of Tampa they run a bi weekly league. You will find shooters from beginner to better than good.

TampaTim

Back to top Go down

Post by KCKral Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:01 pm

In Maine, the Pine Tree State RPA's postal league has 17 teams from 8 different clubs with 94 shooters.

KCKral

http://kralbuilders.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:02 am

SV,

There are 2 clubs near Tampa, Wyoming Antelope Club near the St Pete Clearwater Airport & Hernando Sportsmans Club about 8 mi N of Weeki Wachi. Both clubs have practice sessions & matches. If either are close enough to interest you I will post more info.

Ron Hebegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by schmeg Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 pm

KCKral wrote:The number of shooters in our postal league has increased.  We had 12 members last year, 4 of them did not return this year.  We now have 15 shooters, adding 7 new shooters.  I see a lot of enthusiasm and some great shooters in the new bunch.  Average age of the new shooter is between 45-50, with 2 women joining the ranks.  It also looks like there is going to be a good turnout for the Maine Indoor Sectional and State match in the next 2 months, Feb 3rd and March 3rd in Blue Hill, Maine.
I shoot at Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club in Hampden Maine. Bullseye in my club has lost quite a bit of momentum. We have winter postals. Thats it. Part of the problem in our state is lack of getting the word out on matches. I had no idea when and where the indoor sectionals and states were going to be held (Blue Hill) until it was too late. It seems USPSA and IDPA have overshadowed Bullseye and makes it harder to get the word around with all the yelling and screaming of the action pistol guys. I;E "hey guys, where are all the BE matches this winter,",,,"oh who gives a shit,,,we are too busy burning up huge amounts of major power factor ammo to find out or care. In all seriousness, bullseye is alive, but we are a small fish in this world of 3 gun, action pistol, and cowboy. Clubs just have a hard time getting word out. Most clubs post an internet based calendar,,,but only of their events, not statewide events. Too bad. Jay

schmeg

Back to top Go down

Post by KCKral Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:58 am

schmeg wrote:
KCKral wrote:The number of shooters in our postal league has increased.  We had 12 members last year, 4 of them did not return this year.  We now have 15 shooters, adding 7 new shooters.  I see a lot of enthusiasm and some great shooters in the new bunch.  Average age of the new shooter is between 45-50, with 2 women joining the ranks.  It also looks like there is going to be a good turnout for the Maine Indoor Sectional and State match in the next 2 months, Feb 3rd and March 3rd in Blue Hill, Maine.
I shoot at Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club in Hampden Maine. Bullseye in my club has lost quite a bit of momentum. We have winter postals. Thats it. Part of the problem in our state is lack of getting the word out on matches. I had no idea when and where the indoor sectionals and states were going to be held (Blue Hill) until it was too late. It seems USPSA and IDPA have overshadowed Bullseye and makes it harder to get the word around with all the yelling and screaming of the action pistol guys. I;E "hey guys, where are all the BE matches this winter,",,,"oh who gives a shit,,,we are too busy burning up huge amounts of major power factor ammo to find out or care. In all seriousness, bullseye is alive, but we are a small fish in this world of 3 gun, action pistol, and cowboy. Clubs just have a hard time getting word out. Most clubs post an internet based calendar,,,but only of their events, not statewide events. Too bad. Jay
Jay, it's forums like this and enthusiastic shooters that will help keep bullseye alive.  I have been involved for only 3 years, so I haven't seen the big changes in the sport like veteran shooters have. In our club I have seen an increase in shooters, and that's because we strongly promote it.  Bullseye will not die as long as we are proactive in our clubs.  I was able to add 7 new BE shooters to our ranks this year and I'm sure they will be returning to shoot the postals next year.  We keep the momentum running throughout the year by holding indoor BE practice every Tuesday night. We recruit people into the BE sport by holding events and clinics throughout the year. Our club has a strong Ladies program which also helps introduce the sport. 

However, we do need to create a statewide data base of information available via the internet, about BE events. Sorry you missed the sectionals and states due to lack of info. The sport has to catch up to today's technology.  The problem is that it takes volunteer work and lots of hours to create such a database or website.  [size=12.731481552124023]I think the Pine Tree State Pistol League could also be a good place to help get the info spread to statewide shooters.[/size]

Jay, we will be holding an indoor 900 on April 6th, shooting starts at 9AM.  I will ask the PTSPL director to send out an email notifying the postal directors of the event. Let's see if we'll need to add a 3rd relay.  Hope to see you on the 6th.

KCKral

http://kralbuilders.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:18 pm

In our area, we are adding shooters as well.  We have a fairly informal indoor league that has been getting people confident to attend the outdoor matches in our area.  If each range adds a few guys a year, we can hold our numbers.  If we can add a few more, we can grow our numbers.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2