Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matches in TN.

5 posters

Go down

Matches in TN. Empty Matches in TN.

Post by zanemoseley Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:02 am

I've shot every match of my shooting career in TN, since COVID the attendance has really dropped off which has led to cancellations. I shot a couple matches last year at my home range of Bend of the River in Cookeville TN, they are short course matches without turning targets, just whistle commands, attendance of 2-3 if we have that. The other 3 clubs I shot at was Columbia, Oak Ridge and Chattanooga. Pretty sure Chattanooga is done with pistol matches, not heard about Oak Ridge in a while and Columbia cancelled most if not all matches last year.

So would like to shoot some this year if we get some interest. With the cost of shooting I don't practice anymore unless I'm preparing for a match which are scarce. Any TN shooters here?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Matches in TN. Empty Re: Matches in TN.

Post by Tim:H11 Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 pm

The regional in May is happening this year in Columbia TN as far as I know.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by djperry2 Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:02 pm

Zane, I remember shooting with you in Oak Ridge a few times BC, (before COVID). The pandemic really cut our numbers. Most of our shooters either died off, aged out, or went on to other activities. We only have three regulars at our league. We try to have matches quarterly on the second Saturday if 2 or 3 show up.
They don't show up being not approved. When I find out for sure about the next one I will let you know.
I checked for matches in TN using https://www.ssusa.org/coming-events
It showed the regional at Matchmasters and the Columbia matches. Might want to call Terry Labbe for more info.
Also shown were several matches in southern Indiana and Alabama and GA.

The coming events checker only checks 200 miles out but you can change to intermediate cities for more choices.

Oak Ridge matches have been unsanctioned due to limited participation and are only considered practice.

The last three 2700 matches I have been to are in Asheville, NC. They put on a good match with friendly shooters. 20 point line, turning targets at 25 yds. Matches are first Saturday until November. I know that is a long hike for you but they have room for 3 or 4 campers available.
I shot there many times 35 - 40 years ago until life caused a 30 year pause. Now retired, plan on shooting all I can until age catches up to me.

Darrell

djperry2

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:38 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:The regional in May is happening this year in Columbia TN as far as I know.
Those matches are hard for me to get to. Wish they would bring back the monthly matches but they were the hardest to get attendance at.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:41 pm

djperry2 wrote:Zane, I remember shooting with you in Oak Ridge a few times BC, (before COVID). The pandemic really cut our numbers. Most of our shooters either died off, aged out, or went on to other activities. We only have three regulars at our league. We try to have matches quarterly on the second Saturday if 2 or 3 show up.
They don't show up being not approved. When I find out for sure about the next one I will let you know.
I checked for matches in TN using https://www.ssusa.org/coming-events
It showed the regional at Matchmasters and the Columbia matches. Might want to call Terry Labbe for more info.
Also shown were several matches in southern Indiana and Alabama and GA.

The coming events checker only checks 200 miles out but you can change to intermediate cities for more choices.

Oak Ridge matches have been unsanctioned due to limited participation and are only considered practice.

The last three 2700 matches I have been to are in Asheville, NC. They put on a good match with friendly shooters. 20 point line, turning targets at 25 yds. Matches are first Saturday until November. I know that is a long hike for you but they have room for 3 or 4 campers available.
I shot there many times 35 - 40 years ago until life caused a 30 year pause. Now retired, plan on shooting all I can until age catches up to me.

Darrell

I was curious if Oak Ridge had matches any more. Good to hear you've got them occasionally. Maybe I can get over to Ashville someday soon for a match.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by 8eightring Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:03 am

At one time many, many years ago there were some good matches in Bristol, TN that I was able to attend. They had separate ranges for 25 and 50 yard. I don't know if there are still matches there or not.
8eightring
8eightring

Back to top Go down

Post by mprince Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:58 am

The Bristol/Kettlefoot matches died out with Frank Thomas.  The rimfire bench reest folks have the old 50yd line, so that is unlikely to change.  There are lots of those folks.

mprince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down